my acer aspire switch 10 wont recognize sound and touch drive and battery after format

riri2
riri2 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2017 in Switch Series

hi,

i have an acer aspire switch 10 sw5-011 with pre installed windows 10 , i got a lot of problem with the system so i tried to forma it with an other version of windows 10 but after finishing installation  the battery battery icon was disabled , no sound on the pc and no pen or touch detected i downloaded more than 5 version of windows 10 and 8.1 from microsoft download center but no solution always after format the same problem

i dont know what to do i tried to disable secure boot by putting a supervisor password but secure boot section was always blocked

i tried every thing but no solution plz help to resolve this problem .

is there a special windows edition for this kind of laptop i dont understanad

plz help me and thank you ........

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

must be windows 10 x86 edition to work, after installing please download the listed drivers:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5687?b=1

installing the platform drivers first

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • riri2

that's what i instaled , all the version that i instaled  was windows 10 or 8 x86 (32bit) but not working.

and about drivers i instaled all these drivers but no result

plz help

• IronFly

if the battery icon is not there and you are facing other issue too on two different OS, i suspect your device has some hardware issues, please contact Acer support service if under warranty.

• riri2

thank you

but it worked perfect before format the problem started after format if it is a hardware issue why i didn't face it before that's what i don't understand

and warranty has expired

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

about sound, try this:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Switch-Series/Aspire-Switch-10-no-sound-after-clean-windows-install/m-p/457366#M60

regarding the battery icon, normally this is related to the platform drivers.

have you checked on device manager if any yellow exclamation mark is present (click on View tab and select show hidden devices too)

• riri2
    Thank you , I finally found a solution with your help .
    I fixed it by installing Windows 8 driver master installer and every things work well , the sound,battery,touch .
    So thank you again for your help, you saved me
  • IronFly

You welcome.

• billyneoh
    billyneoh Member Posts: 2 New User

acer aspirr v15 nitro aftrr i change m2 ssd hdd cannot format alwayd restart windows y lime that?

• EvanArca
    EvanArca Member Posts: 5 New User
    riri2 said:
    Thank you , I finally found a solution with your help .
    I fixed it by installing Windows 8 driver master installer and every things work well , the sound,battery,touch .
    So thank you again for your help, you saved me
    hi! i have the same Problem. after installing a Fresh Windows 10 pro. Can you give me the link for Windows 8 driver Master installer? thanks for the help
  • Aliz
    Aliz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi riri i have same problem what u did exactly to solve the problem ....please help
  • IbnIbrahim
    IbnIbrahim Member Posts: 2 New User

hy riri I'm certainly having the same problem can you please send me the link for the windows 8 master drivers