Acer Gaming 15.6'' Aspire Nitro VN7-592G terrible screen flicker

betta67
betta67 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

We bought an Acer Gaming 15.6'' Aspire Nitro VN7-592G with Windows 10 Pro (version 1703 that is build 15063.540).
We installed Windows and the updates. Screen flikers on the lower part even on idle just showing the desktop with the wallpaper...

With other Windows stock wallpapers it flickers even worse...

We tried to install other drivers from nVidia and Intel (not those of MS)... to no avail though...

Also, no results, by installing the drivers from Acer website...

So, we made a complete clean reinstall of Windows 10, disabled drivers update before conecting to any network and installed the ones that came on the DVD from Acer... Yet, no result...

Intel HD530 driver is ver. 20.19.15 4364 (1/6/2016)

nVidia GTX960M is ver. 10.18.13.5937 (1/24/2016)

tried again to update from Acer's site to

Intel HD530 ver. 20.19.15 4483 (7/1/2016)

nVidia GTX960M ver. 21.21.13.6909 (8/1/2016)

No success Smiley Sad

Also booted from a Live Ubuntu and the flickering is still there albeit not so pregnant...

Also, we connected another monitor throgh a HDMI to VGA converter... (cloned the displays)... the flickering does not appear on the external monitor.

I can't believe it's a hardware problem (and all the ordeal returning the laptop that has Windows already (OEI) activated.

Any advices? Has anyone gone through this?

Thanks In Advance

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i the flickering is so bad and still visible on Ubuntu too, i would contact Acer support service or your seller:

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • betta67

Thank you, this was, in the end, my conclusion too... I contacted the seller and the ordeal begins Smiley Sad I was given the phone number of an authorized Acer service center. I called... and... I talked to an answering machine... on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday they are opened to public only between 10AM and 4PM (on Fridays it's even funnier 10-12AM). I'll call them tomorrow...
    The laptop was ordered and bought from an online shop... the package was intact/undamaged on arrival... and also the stylish black "Black Edition" box was sealed.
    I wonder what quality checks are made before shipping...

Still, has anyone else gone through this?

• betta67

This is a link to one of the movies with the flickering in Windows 10...

https://youtu.be/seV2DD0Zuqw