Acer Aspire VN7-592G-71ZL

Varazdat
Varazdat Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, Acer community

Can anyone answer me which kind of M.2 SSD I can install in my laptop. I know that there is M.2 slot to install SSD, but I suspicious what kind of SSD can be appropriate. I couldn't find in web the answer, so I hope that community can help me.

Answers

• Varazdat

Hi, brummyfan2

Thanks for your advice, I've done as it was adviced in the link you provided and here is what I got. But I'd like to know what does it mean and which kind of M.2 ssd I can install. These words and therms to me is abrakadabra. ))Untitled.png

• TuanNg
    TuanNg Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello

I have an identical laptop as yours (same suffix 71ZL)

I think any M2 2280 -SSD will work with it, I am using a Samsung 960EVO to store Windows.

Which means it supports both SATA SSD and NVMe SSD on M2 slot.

Make sure you update the BIOS to the latest version (up to now is 1.12) for better NVMe support (from BIOS v1.03++), this is quite easy and take only few minute.

Note: the screw for the SSD is not preinstalled and also not available in SSD bundle. You will need to buy it separately or ask the SSD seller if they can give you one, the screw type is M2x3mm. Another way is using the one of the Upper-left USB & card reader small board nearby, inside the laptop (you will know what I mean after opened it up) but this is not recommended.

• Varazdat
    Thanks a lot, it helped me much. Smiley Happy