Aspire V Nitro faulty trackpad, hardware ?

wzy123
wzy123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought the Acer V nitro gaming laptop in August 2016 (the one with a GTX950M, 8Gs RAM). Anyway, the track pad has given me so much trouble in the past year using this laptop. What happens is that I would randomy lose control of the cursor, the cursor would erratically move around on the scree, sometimes it would even left-click, zoom, etc, ALL of these action happen while my hands are not even on the trackpad. The only way to fix this is to close the laptop and let it go into sleep mode and start again, it usally resolves. I call this a "phantom trackpad syndrome" lol, it is like someone else suddenly hijacks the cursor. I am at the point of buying a new laptop just so I don't have to deal with this problem. But I want to give one last try here to see if anyone/Acer knows how to fix this problem. At this point, I am not sure about the warranty, and I dont even have the original box anymore, just tired of this laptop.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

You could try reinstalling the trackpad driver, go to Device manager, expand Mouse and other pointing devices, highlight the touchpad, right click and uninstall the driver, reboot and let windows install the driver.

• wzy123
    wzy123 Member Posts: 2 New User

I am trying to follow your advice, but i ran into a problem. In device manager, under "Mice and other pointing devices", I don't see a driver for the trackpad, I only see 2 drivers named "HID-compliant mouse". These two drivers seem to be identical when I right click them to see properties. I am afraid to delete these 2 drivers because I think these might be the driver for the mouse, not the trackpad.