Turn of adaptive brightness Acer nitro 5

daraf
daraf Member Posts: 33 Troubleshooter
edited March 2018 in Nitro Gaming

Hi ,

I hate it when the display dims automatically wheneveri open  applications or movies with dark colours on screen. this is very annoying , i turned off the adaptive brightness from plan settings menu and through intel control panel but the issue still persists. The only thing that seems to solve it is by uninstalling intel drivers altogether. but whenever i restart the laptop the driver reinstalls itself automatically. Please help.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer

Hi,

It's a safety feature to protect your eyes, if you go out in to bright surrounding from a dark room your eyes will take some time to adjust to the new environment, so it's better to leave the feature alone as it turns the screen slowly to increase the brightness.

• dingledang
    dingledang Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @daraf said:
    > Hi ,
    >
    >  
    >
    > I hate it when the display dims automatically wheneveri open  applications or movies with dark colours on screen. this is very annoying , i turned off the adaptive brightness from plan settings menu and through intel control panel but the issue still persists. The only thing that seems to solve it is by uninstalling intel drivers altogether. but whenever i restart the laptop the driver reinstalls itself automatically. Please help.

I'm with you dude! Have you figured it out? I suppose we could just try a fresh Windows Install, but I'd rather not do it. I don't like the auto adjust either :/
  • GeorgeAl
    GeorgeAl Member Posts: 2 New User
    daraf said:

Hi ,

I hate it when the display dims automatically wheneveri open  applications or movies with dark colours on screen. this is very annoying , i turned off the adaptive brightness from plan settings menu and through intel control panel but the issue still persists. The only thing that seems to solve it is by uninstalling intel drivers altogether. but whenever i restart the laptop the driver reinstalls itself automatically. Please help.

Aspire E15-575G same issue. It is very annoying, there is a setting for addaptive brighness through window, but doesn't work. If anyone knows a solution, pls let us know.
  • threee3lo
    threee3lo Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2019
    Just posting so anyone that finds this thread looking for a solution in 2019 can see, this issue is Intel UHD Graphics Power Saving mode. Right click your desktop -> Intel Graphic Settings -> Power -> disable. No more annoying but probably healthy dimming.
  • rgnyldz
    rgnyldz Member Posts: 1 New User
    As a designer I really hate this option. I need to see the colors,contrast and brightness as they are. Thats why we bought a laptop with IPS screen. It's mid 2020 and still there is no way to turn that option off. 

Also FYI I installed fresh windows, installed drivers from acer site and manufator sites. None of it worked. 

I fear that I have to change my laptop in order to continue working properly.
  • LiftedCorn
    LiftedCorn Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

did anybody found the solution ??
  • Magne
    Magne Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    Hey everyone!

As @threee3lo said:

This is an INTEL Graphics Control Panel Feature. If you notice, it only happens when you're using the battery. But if your laptop is plugged in, it works fine, no brightness changes.

In order to disable it go to:
    Control Panel > Intel Graphics Control Panel > Energy (At the bottom)

Here you'll see the "Technology for screen energy saving". Or something like that (My PC is in Spanish). Disable it.

And that's it! You should be good to go! :)

Hope it helps
  • snagGamer
    snagGamer Member Posts: 1 New User
    I faced the same issue in my Acer Nitro 5.

You can disable that in Intel Graphics Control Panel.

Just go to Intel Graphics Control Panel and go to Power setting, there you will find Display Power Saving Technology. Just Disable it and you are good to go.

It worked for me, I hope it works for you too. Thanks.
  • Lobotalks
    Lobotalks Member Posts: 1 New User
    snagGamer said:
    I faced the same issue in my Acer Nitro 5.

You can disable that in Intel Graphics Control Panel.

Just go to Intel Graphics Control Panel and go to Power setting, there you will find Display Power Saving Technology. Just Disable it and you are good to go.

It worked for me, I hope it works for you too. Thanks.
    I did it too, but the problem keeps happening. I've been dealing with it for months and it's driving me nearly crazy...Any ideas?
  • URFmadness
    URFmadness Member Posts: 2 New User
    I found one solution, you guys go uninstall the Intel Graphics command center on win10, then restart the device. Worked for me
  • URFmadness
    URFmadness Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2021
    I found one solution, you guys go uninstall the Intel Graphics command center on win10, then restart the device. Worked for me
    And then go control panel --> power option --> changes plan setting --> change advanced power setting --> click the Intel(R) graphics setting  ---> Intel(R) graphics power plan ---> change all plans to: Maximum performance  ---> click ok ----> restart the device agian. 
    worked for me on ACER NITRO 5
  • Red96
    Red96 Member Posts: 1 New User
    And then go control panel --> power option --> changes plan setting --> change advanced power setting --> click the Intel(R) graphics setting  ---> Intel(R) graphics power plan ---> change all plans to: Maximum performance  ---> click ok ----> restart the device agian. 
    worked for me on ACER NITRO 5
    This worked for me as well. I just got my laptop today and I was going crazy trying to figure out how to turn it off. tysm
  • Hawkeye19
    Hawkeye19 Member Posts: 1 New User

I just have the Nitro 5 without Intel, so what can i do? I have the NVIDIA one /: