Unable to uninstall Acer Quick Access

Fury619
Fury619 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

In order to install Acer Quick Access, i am unable to uninstall the previous version which doesnt work at all. I get multiple errors during the uninstall setup. Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Could you please post the full model name of your laptop, the error messages and how are you trying to uninstall. 

• Fury619

Hello,

Laptop Model: - Acer Aspire VX5-591G

I am trying to uninstall from add or remove programs. I have added screenshots of the errors. 

First errorFirst error

Second errorSecond error

Third errorThird error

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Go to Services( right click start, Computer management), make sure the QA Service is started(manual as in my snip). 

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

• Fury619

Hello,

Sorry, there is no QA service in SERVICES. 

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Give this a try, if you haven't done, go to acer support site, download the Acer Quick Access Application and install(without uninstalling the current), it may or maynot work,so let us know.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7094?b=1

• Fury619

Hi,

I have already tried it. The setup says Quick Access has been installed on this computer, please remove it first.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

try a third party uninstaller, probably there's a registry key that windows can't delete.

https://geekuninstaller.com/download

this one is free.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Fury619

Thanks alot. It worked. Forced removal, deleted items from registry. I am now able to install it. Smiley Happy

• Jmrosast24
    Jmrosast24 Member Posts: 1 New User
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!! IT REALLY WORKS!!
  • TylerAGNP
    TylerAGNP Member Posts: 4 New User
    IronFly said:

try a third party uninstaller, probably there's a registry key that windows can't delete.

https://geekuninstaller.com/download

this one is free.

worked like a charm! Life Saver!!!!!

• AWTAR
    AWTAR Member Posts: 1 New User
    thank you so much!!! man, I have been looking for a solution.
  • AKHIL1995
    AKHIL1995 Member Posts: 1 New User
    CLICK ON THE WINDOWS BUTTON AND TRY MSCONFIG IN THE SEARCH BOX. RUN SYSTEM CONFIGURATION AS ADMINISTRATOR. SELECT SERVICES FROM THE TAB. SCROLL DOWN AND FIND ''RADIO MANAGEMENT SERVICES''. CLICK ON THE TCK TO UNTICK TO DISABLE THE SERVICES. APPLY AND THEN CLICK ON OK. IT ASK FOR A RESTART FOR COMPUTER. RESTART PC, AND THEN TRY UNINSTALLING ACER QUICK ACCESS. IT WORKED FOR ME. I FOUND THIS WAY TO UNINSTALL ACER QUICK ACCESS.
  • JBloom
    JBloom Member Posts: 1 New User
    Neither of those works for me.     Geek Uninstaller (free version) launches the same process as the control panel uninstall - and says I don't have permission to stop the Radio Management Service.    Disabling the service first doesn't help.   The uninstall still fails.
  • EduardoV
    EduardoV Member Posts: 4 New User
    JBloom said:
    Neither of those works for me.     Geek Uninstaller (free version) launches the same process as the control panel uninstall - and says I don't have permission to stop the Radio Management Service.    Disabling the service first doesn't help.   The uninstall still fails.
    The same thing is happening to me. Nothing works and i dont have a caps lock indicator which i need. I cannot download the new quick access app and it says the old version of the quick access cannot be deleted and there are errors
  • Diegomx
    Diegomx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Eu resolvi com esse video tutorial esta em espanhol mais da pra entender legal 

Funcionou comigo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQy41iIJ1tw
  • Luigui
    Luigui Member Posts: 1 New User
    Muchas gracias.