I would like to downgrade my Acer from Windows 10 to Windows 7.

SidselMarie
SidselMarie Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hey everyone :-)
I would like to downgrade my Acer from Windows 10 to Windows 7. I have a windows 7 product key on the back of my Acer but was told by my Acer to contact the manufacturer as the product key is from there (pre-installed from purchase)..
Unfortunately, I've had windows 10 for 1,5 years now. I've been unaware of this as my younger sister accidentally accepted the installation when she borrowed my Acer and I haven't really used my Acer since as I have a Mac too.

Well, my sister would now like to play some old PC games that won't cooperate with Windows 10 and therefore I'm looking to downgrade. But I have no idea how?

I hope some of you might be able to help me out! Thank you :-)

[subject line edited to better reflect topic]

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi

First of all you may want to go to the Acer page for your PC and check and download and store any/all the W7 drivers. Can't link to it as you don't give details.

Next there is a compatibility mode in  W10 to play older programs and that may help.

https://www   dot   laptopmag  DOT  com/articles/set-compatibility-mode-windows-10

or just search on that topic.

Microsoft do a W7 download and a search should find it, you NEED to provide a VALID KEY before starting this.  /en-gb/software-download/windows7

Does the PC have a recovery area to reset to Factory Fresh, which would re-install W7?

If in doubt please ask.