Switch 10 sw3-013 audio problem on Windows 10

briguy37
briguy37 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
My Acer Switch 10 no longer plays audio after the upgrade to the anniversary edition of Windows 10. During the first update, a number of updates are installed, including the graphics driver and the sound driver. I can change the volume just fine to the point where when I press the button, it shows the percentage on the screen and a graph going up or down but no audio is heard coming through the speakers. It was working before the update but is not now. What can be done.

Best Answer

Answers

• DiegoSepu97
    DiegoSepu97 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same problem and cannot solve it either. But i think its something about drivers, i check the devices in safe mode and 3 or 4 devices have problems with drivers... I hope we get an answer soon... "acer recomends windows 10"

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

first of all check if the default audio playback device is the speakers, then check this discussion:
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Switch-Series/Aspire-Switch-10-no-sound-after-clean-windows-install/m-p/457366#M60

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • briguy37
    briguy37 Member Posts: 6 New User

Thank you for all the replies and the proposed solution. I stopped dicking around with Windows. In this day and age of Android and iOS devices and tablets a dime a dozen, Windows is a dying operating system. Wouldn't be surprised to see the death of Windows in the near future.