Helios 300 two external displays

ZMERAHN
ZMERAHN Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Need to hook up two external displays using the GTX 1060.  One will be via HDMI, the other USB-C to HDMI.  WIll this work? WIll both use the GTX 1060?

Answers

• ZMERAHN

Anyone able to get 2 externals hooked up? Acer is not being any help.

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    I'm sorry, but I didn't get a manual downloaded ... a bit late already for me...does it have a display port, too? I use a display port - hdmi adapter with 791. USB-C and monitor detection seems not always to be without problems. Not only with Acer Notebooks.
  • ZMERAHN
    It does not have display port. It has HDMI, USB c(USB 3.1), USB 3 and USB 2.
  • ZMERAHN
    Seems crazy that there is no way to get two monitors on this gaming laptop with a gtx 1060. Extremely disappointed in this.
  • ZMERAHN

No one able to come up with an option to get two outputs?

• matale
    matale Member Posts: 2 New User
    I believe you would need something like this 1* not sure what the lag/performance would be like if you want to use it for gaming.
    1* Google "PLUGABLE USB 3.0 DUAL 4K HDMI 2.0 AND GIGABIT ETHERNET ADAPTER" I cant post links :-1:
  • g1455
    g1455 Member Posts: 2 New User
    ZMERAHN said:

Need to hook up two external displays using the GTX 1060.  One will be via HDMI, the other USB-C to HDMI.  WIll this work? WIll both use the GTX 1060?

Did you managed to find a solution for this? I am facing the same issue.
  • FreeGen
    FreeGen Member Posts: 4 New User
    Guys anyone tried, hdmi-1 monitor, 2nd on usb is it works?
  • Specnow
    Specnow Member Posts: 2 New User
    FreeGen said:
    Guys anyone tried, hdmi-1 monitor, 2nd on usb is it works?
    I would like to know too
  • m0rpheus
    m0rpheus Member Posts: 2 New User
    I would like to know too. Research isn't working. USB3.0, 3.1, typeC and thunderbolt has got me tripping.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It looks that the USB Type-C is 3.1 gen1 equivalent to USB 3.0, therefore it doesn't support external display. This the information that I have.

Unfortunately, it isn't mentioned anywhere what is the bandwidth of the USB ports.
    You can purchase a USB-C to HDMI or DP adapter and find out whether it will work or not.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• m0rpheus
    m0rpheus Member Posts: 2 New User
    I think the USB 3.1 Gen1 is a USB 3.0 port and bandwidth should be 5Gb/s

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    USB 3.1 Gen1 has a bandwidth of 5Gb/s, but on the info it isn't shown whether it is gen1 or gen2 and whether the bandwidth is 5Gb/s or 10Gb/s. The only thing shown is what you can see from my previous post.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• chaitanya
    chaitanya Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited April 2018
    i bought 1050ti model in india.i use two external displays. usb3.0 to hdmi converter does job for me  with frescologic driver.it even works  when i used it along with usb type c to usb 3.0 adapter.of course it can be used only for browsing ,mild productivity works and watching movies only.not for games. but unfortunately it is not working  when i use a usb type c to hdmi cable directly.either its cable fault or some software issue .
    i use 
    https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B076CDKG3J/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01K730X7E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    but doesnot work with 
    https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B076ZR1Q7M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• adamo000
    adamo000 Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    vDoes anyone else could confirmed that this is working what @chaitanya wrote?
  • chaitanya
    chaitanya Member Posts: 3 New User
    and hdmi works only if nvidia driver is enabled.
  • ShaunLikesLights
    ShaunLikesLights Member Posts: 1 New User
    I was able to use dual monitors only through a Pluggable docking station, running twin monitors through the USB-C. I don't think it's using the 1060 capabilities, I don't use it for gaming though.
  • karimov
    karimov Member Posts: 1 New User
    USB-C on helios 300 don't support video output, it is for data transfer only.
  • KelThuzad
    KelThuzad Member Posts: 2 New User
    chaitanya said:
    i bought 1050ti model in india.i use two external displays. usb3.0 to hdmi converter does job for me  with frescologic driver.it even works  when i used it along with usb type c to usb 3.0 adapter.of course it can be used only for browsing ,mild productivity works and watching movies only.not for games. but unfortunately it is not working  when i use a usb type c to hdmi cable directly.either its cable fault or some software issue .
    i use 
    https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B076CDKG3J/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01K730X7E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    but doesnot work with 
    https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B076ZR1Q7M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How to make it work? I still have no ideas
    Did someone manage to hook up an external monitor with USB-C?
  • I run a Facebook group with about 4,000 Helios owners and we all tried this for a long time..
    The result is this:

Dual screen only available from usb display hub via usb 3.0 or one through usb and one through hdmi.

For some reason setting a display through c port worked but caused hdmi to not work.
    There was a single display hub we found to work among the 10 or so we tried.

The usb hub worked fine except in gaming where latency is critical (example: csgo) it was an issue.
    - Hotel Hero
This discussion has been closed.