CB5-311 will not charge and stay on without plug

ToyotaTech
ToyotaTech Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

As I see most everyone who owns this model has this problem, its everywhere online. Of course mine is 1 month out of warranty. Acer are you going to stand behind your products and replace my battery? I will even install it if that helps. 

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

I am sending you a private message requesting additional information.

• abellu
    abellu Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same problem. The chromebook will not charge, and will only run if the charging cord is in. If the charging cord is unplugged the screen goes black. Help? Please?

• ToyotaTech
    ToyotaTech Member Posts: 2 New User
    It's the battery, there junk. I bought one on ebay and installed. Only takes 10 minutes or less. If you order one just verify production dates.
  • ailuj820
    ailuj820 Member Posts: 3 New User

This is a slightly old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem. I followed the steps provided in this other thread to recalibrate my battery, but when AC power is unplugged from my Chrombeook, it immediately powers off.

I am also just outside of my one year warranty and very frustrated. Can you - or another Acer Crew member - please help? 

• Blayn-Acer

We can certainly help with this. If the steps didn't fix it and it turns off when the AC adapter is unplugged, I suspect a hardware problem. Can you send me a private message with your serial number, mailing address and telephone number, so I can help you get the system fixed?

• ailuj820

Yes. And thank you.

• ailuj820

Update: Acer-Blayn provided the details I needed to ship my Chromebook in for repair. I ended up buying a replacement battery on Amazon. It was relatively simple to swap out, and my issue is now resolved.

• angelacook21
    angelacook21 Member Posts: 1 New User

We can't get anything on the screen all of a sudden although equipment plugged in and lights showing any suggestions , cat help was pretty useless!

• aquasport3
    aquasport3 Member Posts: 1 New User

Mine started doing the same thing and as with yours right after the warranty period ended.  Extremely dissappointed with the build and service thus far.  Did you ever find any resolution.  I enjoyed the chromebook, but not when I can't unplug it without it shutting down.

• Blayn-Acer

aquasport3,

I replied to your PM.