Acer Predator AG3-605 Case Fans?

Saniro
Saniro Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello, I saw that the Predator AG3-605 doesn't come with case fans, but has the slots for them, I just wanted to know what size fans do I need for the side and back of the case.

Best Answer

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Saniro,

You made a good observation, however the system is designed for energy efficiency and optimal use for how it was designed from factory. I only found one slot for a system fan and that was towards the rear. It looks like it may accommodate either 80mm or 120mm fan, however I am not sure as these specs are not included because it was not designed with the idea of utilizing or needing the extra airflow.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Answer ✓

Saniro,

You made a good observation, however the system is designed for energy efficiency and optimal use for how it was designed from factory. I only found one slot for a system fan and that was towards the rear. It looks like it may accommodate either 80mm or 120mm fan, however I am not sure as these specs are not included because it was not designed with the idea of utilizing or needing the extra airflow.

• Saniro
    Saniro Member Posts: 2 New User

Oh, thanks for the response, I got a 80mm fan and managed to fit it in, but I have no 120mm fan to try it on the case, but are you sure a 120mm would fit? Because thats a huge difference from 80mm fan, and I thought the other hole mount would be for 92mm fans since its more close in size to 80mm.

• Ryanrr

Sanrio,

You may be right now that I look at the second mounting holes. I am happy you were able to get a fan installed.

• deadone
    deadone Member Posts: 3 New User

i asked the question about the fans and was directed here.

can i use pretty much any 80mm fan and does my PSU have the appropriate connections for it.

• FireDrakeZ
    FireDrakeZ Member Posts: 4 New User

The second set of holes for the rear case fan is for 92mm which is the size I used with the Noctua 92mm NF-A9 PWM premium fans. It has 4 pins with a fan speed regulator.

• FireDrakeZ
    FireDrakeZ Member Posts: 4 New User

You should find a connector named sysfan1  4 pins on the motherboard (near the Cmos battery looks like a silver coin)where you can attach the case fan too. You can use either 3 pin(fixed fan speed) or a 4 pin (PWM) for fan speed regulation.