How activate igpu in bios

simsam
simsam Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

hi, i have a acer predator gx-792 and i would activate igpu graphics card for Quicksync, but on bios 1.05 i cant find this option.

on description its written that quicksync are possible, but the intel graphics card is not listet on my config panel

thanks for help

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

You cannot enable the integrated GPU, because the G-sync panel has to be always connected to one of the GPUs permanently.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• simsam

ok, but where activate quicksync ?

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

You cannot use quicksync, when you can't enable your iGPU.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• simsam

its fantastic, in the description on the laptop, this say that it is quicksync compatible or ready or this function are implanted

https://www.intel.ca/buy/ca/en/product/laptops/acer-predator-17-x-gx-791-73fh-27ghz-i7-6820hk-173-1920-x-1080pixels-black-522473/technical-specifications

i dont understand why this laptop have this function and its impossible to activate it

• simsam

here a link that specification says that it is quicksync compatible

http://icecat.us/fr/p/acer/nh.q1eed.003/not-categorized-Predator+GX-792+i7-7820HK+-WU-RDK-34573226.html