100% Disk usage

AUser71
AUser71 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Fresh installation of Windows 10 and disk still running at 100%, honestly can say this is by far the worst laptop I have ever owned. I've built and upgraded a few PC's, laptops and Mac's and never had any issues. Would it be worth me upgrading the RAM? It only has 2GB. Its only used for surfing the web and hangs on that most of the time.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

What brand/model/number of laptop you have?  Is the disk 100% full or running 100% of the time or both? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AUser71
    AUser71 Member Posts: 5 New User
    V11 touch 2015 model. Don't have it with me at present to be precise
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

OK. Meanwhile, have you been able to run any Win10 updates yet? They ***allegedly*** will fix some of the issues you may be having. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Miacov1
    Miacov1 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Acer should step up and be accountable for selling laptops that have this issue and doing  nothing but offering tech support subscriptions, this is unbelievable, the amount of wasted time and money, this laptop ES15 575 has been like this since we bought it, it's two years old and because I have been sick and unable to contstantly bring this back to the reseller, the warranty expired and no one will stand by this unless I keep paying them, what a scam

• Miacov1
    After months, hours and hundreds of dollars, i'm told it could be a factory default partion Acer and HP set up on their laptops that are not compatible with windows 10.  a simple fix for them, but after the reseller lied and said it was the hard drive, which I paid to replace and it did nothing, why can't they simply provide emailed instructions to partion it properly, 

• Miacov1
    I'm in $600, about 200+ hours of driving to the retailer, troubleshooting, researching and calling for support, and still dealing with this lemon, nice that the us government allows Microsoft and these manufacturers to take advantage of hard working families
  • Miacov1
    my son has a high end leneova, and I see that when you open programs like office applications, or any type, that they open a new portioned c/d drive and don't use the primary c drive, he has windows 10 and never experienced these issues, the specs on this acer laptop well exceed the recommended minimum system reqs, so it should not be doing this, 

• Miacov1
    these corporations can not rip off the public this way, not to mention the stress and wasted time, I don't have the means to buy another laptop

• Miacov1
    I'm contacting consumer affairs, this is horrible

• Miacov1
    I'd greatly appreciate if anyone here can tell me if they resolved this issue by adding a partion for booting programs and acer providing a bugfree version of windows 10 compressed