Error, M:\NAPP.dat missing.Aspire v5-122p-0889Model # MS2377SNID: 32305914866 After WIN 10

WebWitch
WebWitch Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Aspire v5-122p-0889

Win 8 64 bit

Model # MS2377

SNID: ***

After WIN 10 Anniversary update the PC stopped functioning. After many unsuccessful attempts it booted to a boot menu with a comment that the machine could not repair itself, insert recovery drive. I contacted ACER and ordered a recovery drive. Order ID: 1-95H50B, cost: $44.

Inserting the USB aWin icon appears, after that, a Command Prompt screen opens and above the command screen is X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe - startnet.cmd.

Inside the screen : Welcome to the Acer PXE Server

Then a WARNING "clk ok button to restore your computer to factory default image. Warning: This action will erase all data on your disk" Clk: OK/Cancel.

Clk> OK and next window is ISOImageRestorer: Total disk size___GB

Hidden Partition Size 14 GB

System Partition Ratio 50%

The ratio should between 10% and 100%

(check blk) Create a system restore without hidden partition

OK/Cancel

Clicked> OK

Rapid scrolling of MS-DOS commands than the following:

Error: M:\NAPP.dat is missing

Clk> OK

I have searched ACER website, and the web, but no solution to the problem. Sorry, but not only do I have a PC that does not work, but paid $44 for a Recovery drive that won’t fix it either. I would like to know why I get this error if the Recovery Drive is supposed to restore the machine.Help desparately needed and  greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for reading and responding to my query. Your time and knowledge is greatly appreciated.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• nso4life
    nso4life Member Posts: 2 New User

I am having the exact issue.

Please help!

• WebWitch

Sorry, but I still have no answer to the problem either. My laptop is still not working, and I do not know where to find the answer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• JellyBrains
    JellyBrains Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've got the exact same problem, and it's extremely frustrating that I essentially paid for a dysfunctional product that didn't do what it's meant to do. I've tried messing with boot settings, but nothing I've done will work. If I find a way to fix this problem, I'll immediately respond to this post
  • WebWitch
    If anyone knows how to solve this problem I would be eternally grateful!