E5-575G-54TB USB drivers for windows 7

EvilHamster
EvilHamster Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi everyone. 

I have an E5-575G Laptop. I know it is officially not endorsed for windows 7. Hoever, I have managed to make everything work, with the exception of the USB drivers.

They don't work at all.

Is there any way around that? For example, for the graphics drivers, I edited the .inf file a little and the driver installed. Is there some way like that?

Are there any generic USB drivers that could do it? I don't care about any fancy USB drivers, not even about 3.1. USB 2.0 would be fine. 

Just a way to plug in a mouse and keyboard. 

Btw. would it maybe work to inject some USB drivers in a clean windows 7 install? (please don't say yes unless you have reason to expect that it will, since it would be a lot of work).

Cheers everyone.

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

There are no USB drivers for the new kabylake CPU to function on Win7. Microsoft/ Intel never released any thus the problem. Skylake has them but not kabylake. Look it up on web if you doubt this. Only way would be to attempt hacked drivers. Something todo with pushing operating systems forward with newer hardware thus no backwards compatibility. 

• EvilHamster

Tinkerer

I realise that. As I said, there are work arounds. Often drivers simply work, even if they are officially ony for windows 10. Othertimes, they can be modified in asimple way.

Sometimes, smart users make custom drivers, like Opensource versions.

Are there any such solutions?

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Might be but I never had the interest to run Win7 anymore, I just run Win10 and Linux Mint dual boot. Best guess would be trail an error. Force a prior driver. Edit ini to use a particular driver. Hack CPU microcode to mimic skylake or last replace CPU with skylake version which has the Win7 driver. Of all solutions the replace with skylake CPU is most likely to work but more costly.  In the end I can not understand purpose of getting latest hardware just to run a obsolete operating system. Might as well bought a powerful used Win7 laptop to start with. I got a 17" Alienware with I7 collecting dust you can have cheap, it can only run Win 7 64bit, non win 10 compatible. Oh the why collect dust? Directx limits for starters. Power draw, it is heavy too. This Acer was 1/4 the price, faster and outperforms in nearly every stat. 

• EvilHamster

Tinkerer

I managed to install the USB drivers. I thought I would mention it, in case someone else needs it.

Go to Windows 7* USB 3.0 Creator Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility
    Than, download the windows 7 file.

Unzip it. There are 2 .inf files under USB_driver\x64.

Go to device manager and click update driver, browse my computer for drivers, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, have disk. Install iusb3xhc first. I got a new USB entry, and a new unknown device. Go to unknown device and install driver, than browse my computer, than let me pick. This time, one has to first pick the device. Pick the USB entry (at the bottom) and again click on I have disk. Now choose the second i.e. iusb3hub.

You might get more unknown devices, bus USB does not work. No matter. Just restart the PC. Everything, including the USB works now. At least for me.

OF COURSE, I take no responsibility for anything. Make backups etc.

Cheers.

Btw. I might make a whole guide tomorrow on how to install Windows 7 on an E5 575G laptop. Many parts of that might also work on many other Kaby Lake based PC's. I will post it in a new thread, if these kinds of guides are welcome on this forum.

Cheers.

• Mix74
    Mix74 Member Posts: 1 New User

Mine is 575G-33ZX with I3 6006u Skylake CPU. Is it possible to find Win 7 64 drivers for this kind?

• theschimel
    theschimel Member Posts: 1 New User

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I despise 10 and would much rather have Windows 7. At this point I'm probably going to end up dual booting Linux, but having a guide to get 7 working on this machine would be fabulous.

• rwhimel1
    rwhimel1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks for the info, I'm working on the same project of stepping back to windows 7 for some older software I am using at work. Did you also find the controller drivers. Could you please send a link to all related to this. Hmm can't say upgrade or down grade. Conversion is a good word. LOL

• paldgm
    paldgm Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks a lot , It worked for my acer E5-575T-58WH

• zantoka
    zantoka Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

> @EvilHamster said:
    > I managed to install the USB drivers. I thought I would mention it, in case someone else needs it.
    >
    > Go to Windows 7* USB 3.0 Creator Utility /en/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fdownloadcenter.intel.com%2Fdownload%2F25476%2FWindows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility" class="Popup
    > Than, download the windows 7 file.
    >
    > Unzip it. There are 2 .inf files under USB_driver\x64.
    >
    > Go to device manager and click update driver, browse my computer for drivers, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, have disk. Install iusb3xhc first. I got a new USB entry, and a new unknown device. Go to unknown device and install driver, than browse my computer, than let me pick. This time, one has to first pick the device. Pick the USB entry (at the bottom) and again click on I have disk. Now choose the second i.e. iusb3hub.
    >
    > You might get more unknown devices, bus USB does not work. No matter. Just restart the PC. Everything, including the USB works now. At least for me.
    >
    > OF COURSE, I take no responsibility for anything. Make backups etc.
    >
    > Cheers.
    >
    >
    > Btw. I might make a whole guide tomorrow on how to install Windows 7 on an E5 575G laptop. Many parts of that might also work on many other Kaby Lake based PC's. I will post it in a new thread, if these kinds of guides are welcome on this forum.
    >
    > Cheers.

Hi @EvilHamster ,
    Thank you for posting. I had read last year about the Skylake/Kabylake deliberate lack of support, never thought I'd have to deal with it, though! But somebody surprised me with a gift of this new laptop, thought it was Win7, oops! (knowing I despise Win10 and am a Mint user as well.) Got wireless and a couple of other things working but no USB.
    I tried your workaround, got "Windows encountered a problem" error messages both times. But I restarted anyway just to be sure: still no USB function. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • SamClemens
    SamClemens Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I like you, @EvilHamster
    :+1: :smile:
  • SamClemens
    SamClemens Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

:) I guess markdown doesn't work? XD
  • zantoka

Tinkerer

Nevermind! Thanks kindly, EvilHamster, I finally got USB working after visiting that overclockers.co.uk page, and going step-by-step!!! yay!
  • zantoka

Tinkerer

Well, the keyboard Fn (blue color key) + Vol up/dn, sleep, backlight, etc are working.
    But the Fn + Brightness Up/Dn doesn't work... :'(:'(