Acer Aspire V13 V3-372-723H bluetooth dongles short range only

Masp
Masp Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

for some reason the bluetooth dongles for my mouse and my keyboard only have a very short range on this laptop. They work perfectly fine on my desktop pc.

I've already disabled the selective usb power decrease thing in wondows.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Try positioning the laptop so the dongle is in approximately the same room area as it is when inserted in the desktop's port. How does it compare in feet or meters with the desktop then? Also try switching ports. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Masp
    I've already tried switching usb ports. No difference. I have the dongles under the table in the back of my computer and they work. For my laptop I can barely move the mouse and keyboard a 1.5 feet away..
  • JackE

How old are the mouse and KB? Can you try another, preferrably newer, mouse that might not require as much power? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Masp

Mouse is a logitech g700s brand new. Keyboard is an Anker CB310 which is a few months old. Doesn't matter if I remove one of them or not, still doesn't work. Pretty weird. Power shouldn't be an issue? I mean the laptops power supply cable is even plugged in..

[inappropriate content removed]

• JackE

What happens if the dongle isn't fully inserted, just enough to make a connection? What does Device Mgr show when doing so? Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ