acer aspire R11 keyboard not working

jpitzl
jpitzl Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

i have an acer aspire R11. it is only 4months old and rarely used. Turned it on the other day and out of the blue the keyboard and mousepad wont work at all. the mousepad did and I tried to update and restart and then the mousepad wouldnt work either. Could i have accidentally locked it or done something in the setting??? HELP Please!!!

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

The battery reset pinhole is located on the bottom of the laptop and marked with this symbol AC-BRP.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,017 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Have you tried this:

1. Shut down your laptop

2. Disconnect the AC adapter

3. Wait few minutes

4. Follow this procedure

The battery reset pinhole is located on the bottom of the laptop and marked with this symbol AC-BRP.

France
  • jpitzl
    jpitzl Member Posts: 2 New User

WORKED!! Your awesome thanks. The battery was fully charged so didnt even give it a thought.

• dev1walker
    dev1walker Member Posts: 1 New User

This worked for me also.  When I went to login on my computer, my keyboard wasn't working.  So I went to the Ease of Access icon and clicked on "On Screen Keyboard" to login.  I then googled my problem and this page came up.  If anyone is having the same problem, this should fix it like it did mine!

• Mimisss
    Mimisss Member Posts: 3 New User
    An excellent step by step solution. It is the only real answer to the specific problem in the whole internet. It is a bonus for Acer that it is found in their forums. Thank you very much.
  • James-R-B
    James-R-B Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem for me - one day the keyboard was working fine the next day it wasn't.

I tried everything I could think of to fix it and was about to take it in for repair when I saw this post.

Tried your method and it worked perfectly.

Great advice thanks for sharing your knowledge!!

• RR_Nathan
    RR_Nathan Member Posts: 1 New User

It was a great help. I struggled for half a day and was about to take my laptop to the service center, when I saw this post and tried it. It worked perfectly! Thanks a ton.

• FirstCaptain
    FirstCaptain Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I also had the same problem so I powered off and unplugged my Chrome OS.
    I turned it upside down and searched for the hole to reset it.
    I found no hole, I was confused but I restarted it again and it worked!
    I am asking that in the future if this happens again and restarting does not help what should I do?
    My Chrome OS is R 11 and it has a 360 degrees dual-torque hinge.
    Thanks anyway, Bye.