External Monitor (on HDMI) does not work from Acer Aspire (allsettings correct, all hardware fine).

duesni
duesni Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Aspire V17 and i connected an external monitor to it (via HDMI). The external display does show something, although the settings (duplicate or expand screen) are fine and the monitor works great if i connect it with the same cable to a different Laptop. Are there any drivers i need to download to the pretty new, WIN 10 operated Acer Aspire Laptop?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

when you connect the external monitor, if you right click on desktop and choose Display settings, is the monitor listed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • face
    face Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

I currently have the same problem with my Acer Aspire V15. Did you find a solution?

• gamerdonkey2106
    gamerdonkey2106 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem as well. I am trying to connect my Dell 2260L monitor which works absolutely fine with other laptops and even my PS but somehow does not get detected as a display on my Acer Aspire VX-15. I connected my Acer to Sony Bravia TV and it worked fine. There seems to be some compatibility issue. Any help is highly appreciated.