Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-592G-75MF

pavlecakic
pavlecakic Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought acer aspire v nitro VN7-592G-75MF and from the beginning I have some problem with it.The latest problem which I had is with windows 10 itself. After upgrade the laptop wasn't switch on again.I deleted and formated C: and now I have problem ti install new Windows. I try with W7, W8 and W10 and in all case showing that windows can't be install, the HDD format is not suported. Now I have "new" laptop but completly un-useful for use. I can't bring it in any service here in Abu Dhabi, they need a lot of time and I don't trust them. Can somebody help me with these issue, how to start windows instalation.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

first thing, check if your BIOS is set to UEFI or Legacy (press F2 to enter BIOS at boot)

set it to UEFI (normally is under BOOT or Security tab)

on BOOT menu, enable F12 key Boot menu

then press F10 to save and exit

then

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12, choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    5) once at language/keyboard selection, press shift+F10, a command prompt will open
    6) type
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk x (x is the number of your HDD/SSD where you want to install windows)
    clean
    convert GPT
    exit
    exit again to close command prompt
    8) proceed with windows 10 installation

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

first thing, check if your BIOS is set to UEFI or Legacy (press F2 to enter BIOS at boot)

set it to UEFI (normally is under BOOT or Security tab)

on BOOT menu, enable F12 key Boot menu

then press F10 to save and exit

then

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    http://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12, choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    5) once at language/keyboard selection, press shift+F10, a command prompt will open
    6) type
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk x (x is the number of your HDD/SSD where you want to install windows)
    clean
    convert GPT
    exit
    exit again to close command prompt
    8) proceed with windows 10 installation

• pavlecakic

Men, thank you, very helpful for somebody who don't know too much about this.

Only, I need more help, I reach up to the point No 6 and I have new problem, when I typed "Diskpart/list disk" to clean and convert to GPT I can't select C: to format. Only as posibility give me to format full disk and I can't do that, I have data on D: and E:. What is the solution, how to select only C: to format (convert GPT).

Thanks for all help!

• pavlecakic

C: it was before 450GB, but I did'n want this and I divide on C: 270GB and F: it stay balance. To instal windows on C: I try to format with Windows 10 format (on the beginning of installation) but it is not working.

Also, I had Legal Windows before, how I can find serial number now, the previous system is deleted, there is any option to take it from ACER system.

• IronFly

Diskpart
    list disk (there is a * under GPT and your disk?)
    select disk x

list partition

select partition x (x is the C: partition number)

delete

exit

and close command prompt

then try to install windows 10 on the RAW unallocated HDD space

i'm not sure it will work, reading your previous message; the best thing is to backup your personal data and wipe completly the HDD/SSD

• pavlecakic

It is working. Now I copy my data on external hadrd disk.

Thank you soo much.