Acer Aspire R5-571T Keyboard Backlight Not Staying On

derekmski
derekmski Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Just got the Acer Aspire R5-571T and it's a really nice laptop.  My only complaint is that the backlit keyboard shuts off after about 30 seconds and it's so annoying.  There should be an option in the bios to have it stay on all the time if I turn it on with the key combination.  If I turn it off with the key combination then it should stay off until I turn it back on.  Please add this option in the bios for this laptop and all other Acer laptops.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

I assume that it could be a power saving feature, they have made this 30 secs limit to preserve the battery.

• dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi.

I have the same Laptop and its sadly not possible to turn it on forever.

• iamjamieq
    iamjamieq Member Posts: 1 New User

This!! I want to be able to either turn it on all the time or increase the timeout to whatever I want. 30 Seconds, or whatever it is, is way to short a time. 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Go to start and type Windows mobility Centre, if you don't see the function in there like my snip, you don't have the feature available.

Capture.JPG

• jakobkraft
    jakobkraft Member Posts: 9 New User

I returned my today because of this and got a Dell. Seriously, to **bleep** with Acer and their ridiculous "features".

[inappropriate content removed]

• fatanim
    fatanim Member Posts: 8 New User
    Here is a trick I came up with that works for the backlight to stay on
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8tGbWUXyKA

• robbyukayy
    robbyukayy Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

My Original Acer Hard Drive Doesn't Work Anymore Soo I Bought A SSD. Installed Win 10 64bit 2004 and Now The Backlight Doesn't Light Up Anymore :(
  • derekmski

Tinkerer

My Original Acer Hard Drive Doesn't Work Anymore Soo I Bought A SSD. Installed Win 10 64bit 2004 and Now The Backlight Doesn't Light Up Anymore :(
    You unplugged the little backlit keyboard ribbon cable when you put the ssd most likely. Have to open it up again and check for the little ribbon cable. I'm petty sure I had that happen to me as well.
  • robbyukayy

Tinkerer

It Lights Up For 30 secs When First Booted
  • derekmski

Tinkerer

It doesn't then light up when you press a key after it shuts off? Or press the backlit keyboard button. It doesn't stay on all the time, only when you're typing. Otherwise sounds like you have bigger issues like bad keyboard or motherboard. Good luck.
  • robbyukayy

Tinkerer

derekmski said:

It doesn't then light up when you press a key after it shuts off? Or press the backlit keyboard button. It doesn't stay on all the time, only when you're typing. Otherwise sounds like you have bigger issues like bad keyboard or motherboard. Good luck.
    Well Maybe I Have To Call Acer Support soon But i Guess maybe it is a bad keyboard........ It Also Acts Like A Acer Aspire R5
  • derekmski

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    This is not possible.
  • robbyukayy

Tinkerer

derekmski said:
    This is not possible.
    oh wait i just checked the model is a aspire r5 but the computer itself is a aspire r15