Acer devices (Liquid Z330, Liquid Z530, Liquid Z630, Liquid Z630S, Liquid Zest Plus, Liquid X2)

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives

Hello from Russia!

We are users of Acer devices (Liquid Z330, Liquid Z530, Liquid Z630, Liquid Z630S, Liquid Zest Plus, Liquid X2) from russian community 4pda.ru.

We want your company to pay attention to us, smartphone users of your production. We are talking about the updates our devices: cumulative, security updates and OS updates in general (at least something of this, but better all). Your devices are not popular enough, but they are very good, the model range is extremely modest, and with such support for your devices you should not expect any big sales at all. Other companies are famous for continuing to update their devices for many years, thereby gaining the support and loyalty of users. We as users of Acer devices, would also like to have such support from the manufacturer.

We hope that our letter will help to change a present situation and the Acer company will do something for the users.

Best regards, russian community from 4pda.ru

Answers

• [Deleted User]

Russian Email technical support ignores user questions. I asked the question https://ru.answers.acer.com/app/ask on May 14, 2017, but there is still no answer.

Снимок.png

• honeypony
    honeypony Member Posts: 1 New User

Since i also have little hope that russian support will answer my question i'd like to try asking it here. Is there any chance that smartphones (z630s in particular, as i own it myself) bought in Russia will be getting Marshmallow update? It seems unfair that other countries did get the update (past year even) but Russia has been left behind. It makes people here upset and turns them off from buying Acer products and we don't want that, do we, Acer?

• [Deleted User]

I received the answer. No updates and they do not know when will be.

Безымянный.png

• [Deleted User]

What's news, dear Acer support?

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2019
    Z630S: Latest version is Android 6.0 (1.017_EMEA_GEN1), security patch July 5, 2018. Acer is good manufacturer but has worst tech support own devices.