Acer Aspire E5-475G default boot device missing or boot failed

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Turn off all power by pressing and holding the power button if needed. Once turned off. Press the power button once. At the Acer logo screen press F2 to enter the BIOS menu. Check to make sure that the HDD is recognized and identified in the BIOS menu. Then F10 to exit and save settings. Report back with results. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• bulletjuan26
    bulletjuan26 Member Posts: 11 New User
    HDD is recognized
    https://s14.postimg.org/4q6r08fa9/20170508_065805.jpg
    f10 save and exit still default boot device missing or boot failed
  • JackE

OK. Did this happen suddenly & unexpectedly, or did the system exhibit some abnormalities before it happened? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bulletjuan26
    At first i turned on and windows is updating then default boot device missing or boot failed appeared
  • JackE

>>>At first i turned on and windows is updating >>>

Do you mean this happened immediately after a Windows automatic update? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• bulletjuan26
    Yes but I didn`t see if the update was finished or not
  • JackE

OK. Shut off all power again. Then press the power button once. At the ACER logo screen press F2 again to enter the BIOS menu. In either the MAIN or BOOT dropdowns, there should be an item "D2D recovery". Make sure it is enabled. Then F10 to exit and save this BIOS setting.

Shut off all power again. Then follow this video to re-set your machine to factory-delivered operating condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuljT0a8F7I   You can save your personal files with this re-set but programs and apps that you may have installed after you first got the machine may have to be re-installed.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bulletjuan26
  • JackE

Open Control Panel. Search "language". Click on "Region Language". Change format to language you want. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bulletjuan26
    When i press alt f10 it is chinese. How to change to english i can not enter control pannel because boot failed
  • JackE

Where AND when did you purchase your E5-475G? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bulletjuan26
    Here Macau, China december 2016
  • JackE

If you purchased the machine from an ACER dealer, it should still be under warranty. Return it immediately for repair. If not under warranty, you must re-try the Alt+F10 recovery method as best you can. The screen positions of the possible recovery selections should be similar to those on the ACER Alt+F10 recovery video. If Win10 still fails to install, please note any error messages displayed. Report back. Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

• bulletjuan26
    This is the result of Reset this PC
    Keep my files

https://s15.postimg.org/6yos88sjf/Screenshot_2017-05-10-23-37-26-1.png
  • JackE

This machine should still be under warranty if purchased from an ACER dealer. Please go to this link to try to arrange to return the machine for repair

https://www.acer.com.cn/ac/zh/CN/content/support#_ga=2.37276712.920273905.1494503274-1302176996.1494502592

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bulletjuan26
    How can i back up my files on drive C?
  • JackE

Probably the easiest and fastest way is to temporarily remove the HDD and try to copy the data files to another machine using a USB3-to-SATA 2.5 inch HDD adapter. These cable adapters are very cheap. If you can do this, then you can also try an ALT+F10 recovery of Win10 without saving the data to see if that will work. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• bulletjuan26
    How about copy my files to external hard drive using CMD?
  • JackE

Yes! Do you have a bootable USB stick? That would be good too! Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• bulletjuan26
    If i will do the Alt+f10 recovery of win10 without saving data, my files on drive D will also be deleted?