Issues after servicing GX-791

ven98
ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My laptop just got delivered after being serviced. The mother board was replaced. After turning it on everything seemed fine except that the RGB lighting not working and the wrong model of the laptop displayed( instead of GX-791 it is G9-791. Also the version of predator sense was wrong. It was the one for G9-791. Installed the proper one from acer website but that didn't fix the lighting and the interface of predator sense. I even tried unistalling the program and doing a restart and after that installing the gx-791 version of predator sense but that didn't fix it too. Could it be that the wrong version of BIOS is installed. My battery is currently below 25% so I can't perform an update of the bios. GPU is GTX980 and CPU is i7-6820hk so they haven't put the wrong motherboard - probably.predator sense for gx-791 but looks like g9-791predator sense for gx-791 but looks like g9-791Wrong modelWrong model

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
-Model number
-Part number(not required, but helpful)
-CPU
-GPU
-Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Best Answer

• ven98
    Answer ✓

Update : I recieved my laptop just now and the backlight was fixed but the issue with the predator sense the model number is still there. They told me to contact them via e-mail to send them screenshots, so I am waiting for a reply.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Answers

• ven98

I hope they haven't locked the BIOS and I am able to update it.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ven98

When I tried to update the version of BIOS, it says that I am running the same version so It looks like I have to call Acer again.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• vorob
    vorob Member Posts: 149 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

Did you tried to reinstall whole windows? Not just drivers.

And remind me, why they've replaced mb for you? 

• ven98
    Just did the re-installing and same thing. Sending it back tomorrow. I don't know what they did but how I still have the same GPU and CPU and at same time G9-791 model. When I did the reinstalling again the wrong version of Predator Sense was installed. It could be something wrong with the OS who knows.

Why MB is replaced? Because I had overheating issues and some buzzing noise was comming out from who knows where. And it was quite loud could even hear it while the fans were on max speed.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ven98
    I sent my laptop today so it will be delivered to them by tomorrow. I will send a screenshot for the temperatures once the laptop is sent back to me fixed this time hopefully.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• ven98
    Answer ✓

Update : I recieved my laptop just now and the backlight was fixed but the issue with the predator sense the model number is still there. They told me to contact them via e-mail to send them screenshots, so I am waiting for a reply.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system