Aspire R5-571TG-78G8 graphics cards problem?

yrakutko
yrakutko Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Can anyone explain and help to solve a problem I am having with new Acer Aspire R5-571TG? I have quite a few applications that are showing very sharp/clear letters and fuzzy letters at the same time. I am attaching a few screenshots (Microsoft 2010 Picture Manager and SlimCleaner apps). I am confused since it was expected to have a superior graphics on HD screen due to the laptop having 2 graphics cards one Intel HD 620 and another NVIDIA 940MX. Could it be that having 2 cards create the problem with fuzziness? Chatted with Acer support - no solution was offered except to download latest driver for NVIDIA. Checked NVIDIA Settings app - it shows I have the latest drivers and no updates needed. Inconsistent clarity/sharpness of letters in applications is extremely annoying! 

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Answers

• dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Thats not a graphics card problem. I had the same issue with the same model as well.. go on the search bar on windows and search for "Cleartype" and follow the instructions.

• yrakutko

I don't think it is a cleartype problem. It is on and checked (sould it be off?). I have follwed all steps in cleartype text tunner - no difference.

• dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hmm. but that has fixed the problem for me... When did you purchase the laptop?

• yrakutko

March 23

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hi yrakutko,

You can easily check which applications are running on/with the nvidia graphic board by using Nvidia GPU activity:

http://ccm.net/faq/41241-nvidia-display-gpu-activity-icon-in-the-notification-area

I think your problem comes from Intel HD and there is not really solution (Cleartype is very difficult to adjust and sometimes of no use).

France
  • yrakutko

After some research on youtube I have changed the default screen scaling from 125% to custom 124% and I fuzzy numbers are gone. Thank you everyone for trying to help.