Upgrading my acer predator g3-605

SpicyDoggo
SpicyDoggo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have an acer predator g3-605 with an intel core i5-4460 and an r9 255 oem gpu.
I was wondering if i could upgrade it with an msi gtx 1050 2gb oc?
Link to the card: https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1050-2G-OC.html#hero-specification

I have a 500w powersupply and 8gb ddr3 ram.
Tell me if you need more information Smiley Happy

Answers

• randysrandy
    randysrandy Member Posts: 6 New User

I was able to install the GTX 1060 6GB on a G3-605 i7 4790 just fine. I have a 500W power supply.
    - Be sure to update bios (there were 2 for me). Before I did this, I got a black screen when connecting to an HD TV as a monitor, and the new card did not work.

- Also, combine the 6 & 2 pin power plugs to make one 8 pin plug, or you may get a screen error

• mrsiem
    mrsiem Member Posts: 3 New User

how can you update the bios ??

and also i want to upgrade my r9 255 to a 1050ti 4gb but i dont know if there is enough space between a heatsink near the pci e slot and im not sure if my videocard that i use now (r9 255) is a pci e 3.0 x16

can someone help me with this 

Thanks !!!

• SpicyDoggo
    SpicyDoggo Member Posts: 2 New User

It worked, i bought a zotac gtx 1050 ti oc. its a dual fan card.

I didn't update any bios, and yes, it will fit. there is still PLENTY of room left. all you have to do is switch the graphics cards. (remove the old one and put in the new one) then you just turn on the computer, download the drivers from the website and youre set. after that you can just uninstall the amd drivers. (you can just google that its pretty easy)

And i didn't even update any bios. if you have the same rig as me, the game runs overwatch on epic 60-70 fps 1080p, rainbow six siege 60-75 fps 1080p (may drop a bit below 60 in one map at a specific scenario) and gta v on high 80-100 fps 1080p. (if you have stuttering while driving fast like i do, it isnt the gpu, its a bug. rocket league on 150 fps 1080p best settings. if you need anymore information just ask Smiley Happy