I am unable to download the video driver for an Aspire 7540 - download is infected

SimonH
SimonH Member Posts: 2 New User

I am unable to download the video driver for an Aspire 7540 because the download is infected. Who can be contacted to alert Acer their website seems to have infected files? I checked for a link to the webmaster but couldn't find one.

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi Simon,

The ATI driver for the Aspire 7540 was published over 6 years ago and has been downloaded tens of thousands of times. I downloaded and tested the file on our corporate network without issue. I believe you may be experiencing a false positive if your anti-virus is stating that there is an issue.

Cory

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi Simon,

The ATI driver for the Aspire 7540 was published over 6 years ago and has been downloaded tens of thousands of times. I downloaded and tested the file on our corporate network without issue. I believe you may be experiencing a false positive if your anti-virus is stating that there is an issue.

Cory

• SimonH
    SimonH Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you very much for checking. I was able to download all of the other files successfully through our work network, but I receive a warning for the ATI driver and can't even down it.

If you are interested this is the warning I am receiving:

Gateway Anti-Virus Alert

This request is blocked by the Firewall Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: MalAgent.H_4045 (Trojan)

I will try from home and scan it before running it.

I believe you are likey right that it is a false positive.

Thanks again, and I apologize to whoever it may concern if my work security (out of my control) is flagging that particular file falsely.

• Pssst3
    Pssst3 Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon

Go home.

1. Disable your firewall while at the download page.

2. Immediately download the file, then disable your network connection.

3. Scan the downloaded file with your antivirus and tell it that the file is okay.

4. Install the file. Test the display.

5. Reenable the firewall

6. Reenable your network connection.