Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Swift 3 Keyboard Backlight

How to enable Keyboard Backlight of Swift 3 (SF314-51)?

The manual stated Fn+F9, but there is no resoponse.

Is any other function key or software which can enable the Keyboard Backlight?

Thank You

FAQ & Answers

• danielng_123danielng_123 Posts: 4Member

i have the same problem, please help

the acer website

https://www.acer.com/ac/zh/HK/content/series-design/swift3

sells on the backlit keyboard on this model

but i can't seem to get it working either

please help

• Acer-MaryAcer-Mary Posts: 871Acer Crew Acer Crew

The FN+F9 keys are the hot keys to toggle the keyboard backlight on/off. If you turn it on, the backlight should come on and after about 30 seconds of non-use the keyboard light will turn off. Pressing any key should bring the light back on. If this is not working please contact Acer support for your location from this link:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

• joeltyjoelty Posts: 2Member

I tried Demo unit in Retail shop, but the Fn+F9 is not working for enable Keyboard Backlight.

Is any driver need to be installed?

The models that sold in the US have a backlit keyboard. No driver is needed in order for it to work. Please contact the Acer support channel for your country from the link below, so they can verify whether these models sold in Hong Kong have a backlit keyboard.

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

• ROB02780ROB02780 Posts: 2Member

Hello   i am mad  the keyboard dose not stay lit.   fix  it   also  the  up  doen  arrow   and  backspace arrow  the  keys   i want  to be able to hold  it  not  tap a million  times  up  down  or  backspace   fix  it   help  me

Please send a private message with the serial number of the system so we can assist further.

• tonychuitonychui Posts: 5Member
    I bought today and i found that there is nothing shown after tap Fn+F9 (BIOS v 1.08)
    Did you solved the problem ?
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,746ACE Trailblazer

tonychui wrote:
    I bought today and i found that there is nothing shown after tap Fn+F9 (BIOS v 1.08)
    Did you solved the problem ?

Hi,

Does your laptop has F9 key with flashing letter A?

PIC_2105.JPG

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.

I didnt have that icon on F9
    I am using i3(7GenIMG_20170417_094801.jpg

No unfortunately no backlit

I have same model as yours too

Annoyingly I bought his model after seeing good review about backlit keyboard and that it is one of the major selling point on the Hong Kong acre website.

But after buying it seems not possible to have this function.

????

i am going to contact the ACER Hong kong tomorrow and going back to the retail store for asking about the problem-----just brought it yesterday..........

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,746ACE Trailblazer

Hi,

These models came with backlit keyboard as an optional addition, yes you can return it and get one with backlit keyboard.

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.

Just received the message from ACER through Facebook, the model selling in HK which is no backlit keyboard...........

Yes you are right. I cannot find any models in hk with backlit keyboard in fact there's no choice at all. It is therefore quite annoying that they use it the same advertisement as the US which shows backlit keyboard as major selling point on their website

i m using usb light for solving it

• AqifAqif Posts: 1Member New User
    Why this acer swift 3 (SF314-54G-50N9) did not have backlit keyboard, im really frustrated because I thought all swift 3 have backlight keyboard 😡
  • bkacerbkacer Posts: 4Member New User
    My 2019 acer swift 3 has the A with the lights on it using the F8 key.. no function key needed