How to transfer OEM win 10 to new SSD?

BigOttoman1453
BigOttoman1453 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello, I bought new computer from Acer(VN7-593G-73KV) It has preinstalled SSD and HDD, What i want to do is, remove HDD from system and put 850 evo in there, main disk will be 850 evo, secondary will be 256 gb ssd liteon(which came with oem installed win 10) Can you help me how to figure it out installing clean(nothing bloatware and preinstalled, just windows 10 OEM) win 10 to new ssd? I'll be greatfull if someone helps a little fasterSmiley Happy

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

do the factory USB media recovery before anything!!!

remember to completly wipe the original SSD before installing windows on the 850EVO or you will have a bootable configuration conflict.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • BigOttoman1453
    BigOttoman1453 Member Posts: 3 New User

I don't want any bloatware came with laptop preinstalled, can you write down what must I do step by step? Your link posted above is diffrent than my situation.. By the way thanks for reply. I read that oem won't work if you change any part of your computer in somewhere, will there any problem if I just made recover media of now?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

The link i posted is exactly what you need!

it will help you create a clean windows 10 installation, no bloatware from Acer.

you can't use the Acer windows recovery partition to install windows without any bloatware, so...OEM means nothing in this situation.

just do a windows 10 clean/vanilla installation on the 850 EVO, let windows update your system and download the needed drivers, that's it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
    0522 Member Posts: 2 New User
    You will need to do three steps:
    1. Connect the 850 Evo SSD to your computer. How to install SSD on a laptop, see: https://www.isumsoft.com/computer/2-ways-to-install-ssd-for-a-laptop-pc.html

2. Clone or Migrate your Windows 10 OEM System to the 850 EVO SSD with the help of a drive cloning and system migration tool, such iSumsoft Cloner, more details, see: 
    Move Windows 10 OEMs to SSD without re-activating