Veriton N4620G mini desktop: Which ones are the USB 3 ports?

D_John
D_John Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
  1. Hi - I've had the tiny black mini desktop Veriton N4620G for several years or more now, this one here:  http://www.ilonggotechblog.com/2013/08/acer-veriton-n4620g-a-diminutive-space-saving-desktop.html  I've never been able to determine which ones are the USB 3 ports and which ones are the USB 2 ports.  There are two USB ports in the front and I guess four in the back or so, I never even use the ones in the back.  I've also never been able to find anything online which tells you exactly which is which.  So, if anyone could tell me for sure which are the 3.0 and which are the 2.0 I'd appreciate that, and if anyone can link to any difinitive information about that online that would be great too.  Thanks.

[edited to fix broken link]

Best Answer

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer

Hello,

The USB 2.0 ports are black and the USB 3.0 ports are blue.

• 2x front USB ports: USB 3.0
    • 4x rear USB ports: USB 2.0
    France
  • D_John

Hi, thanks for posting.  I figured it was probably the front ones, but I wasn't sure if that was a completely safe assumption because when I use them it often seems like the copying doesn't happen any more quickly than with 2.0.

Is there a link to anything that really tells you this definitively, because it also seems odd that I have not been able to find that myself.

Thanks again, though.

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Veriton N2620G/N4620G specifications:

VN2620G/VN4620GVN2620G/VN4620G

France
  • D_John

Thanks a lot.  I sure wish Acer was still making ones like this, including a larger SSD drive, like 256 GB and up.  It's a really excellent product.

• laurent_14

Avastar.png

France