Bios Downgrade

MrJay
MrJay Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Greetings, my laptop model is Apire E5-571G. My problem is ever since i updated my bios to version 1.32, my nvidia geforce 840m started having problems. For example, during driver installation i got bluescreen error something like "watchdog violation". 

The question is, is it possible to downgrade bios?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Try uninstalling the NVIDA driver in Device manager, reinstall in it after downloading from Acer support.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support

• MrJay

have already done that, got the blue screen i was talking about during installation.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Please wait for someone else to help you regarding BIOS downgrade.

• MrJay
    Hope someone can help me solves this.
  • Alexscended
    Alexscended Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

MrJay said:

Greetings, my laptop model is Apire E5-571G. My problem is ever since i updated my bios to version 1.32, my nvidia geforce 840m started having problems. For example, during driver installation i got bluescreen error something like "watchdog violation". 

The question is, is it possible to downgrade bios?

If you need to downgrade.. You need to get the original files extracted by the .exe when you run the flashing utility, they are located in your personal temp in Windows.

1. Just run the regular .exe of any bios version you want to downgrade to
    2. While the window is open displaying the error of 'Your version is newer cannot flash blah blah'. Open File explorer and go to your user accounts temp folder of Windows, as described on the link. And find a folder starting with '7z'. (This is the actual temporary extract location of the Insyde Flash utility.)
    3. Copy all files to a different location (Otherwise when you close InsydeFlash the temporary folder gets deleted automatically.)
    4. Then alter the 'Platform.ini' file by changing the Flags=2 or Flags=1 to Flags=under directly under [Bios_Version_Check]
    5. Then run the H2OFFT-W.exe with Insyde icon

Source: https://awesomedetect.com/cant-find-platform-ini-file-solved-bios-update/