Acer QuickAccessSetup: Laptop model ES1-531-P5SA

Marnhullman
Marnhullman Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives

Apologies I'm a newbie and posted this in the laptop area and now realise it should probably be here.

I am trying to update the pre-installed Acer QuickAccess menu because it doesn't display all of the options it should but in order to do so it seems I have to uninstall the current version.  Unfortunately something has got corrupted and now I keep getting a message 'Service Radio Management Service (RMSvc) could not be deleted when I try to run the W81_QuickAccessSetup.zip I downloaded.

I have tried stopping the service but that didn't help and also added a registry entry that enabled Windows Installer in Safe Mode and tried running the setup program in Safe Mode but I get the same error.

Grateful for any guidance as to how I can force the W81_QuickAccessSetup setup.exe to install.

Thank you

Answers

• jstui
    jstui Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the exact same problem.  I think it is why my laptop keeps losing connection to the wireless network.

• rdolen
    rdolen Member Posts: 3 New User

Can You please answerv this question? I have the same problmen and it drives me mad. It will prevent me from buiyung any other ACER products in the future if this annoying thing persists.

Please help me with a good solution.

I have a Aspire E1-570 by the way.

• rdolen

I just had a chat with the customer support. They told me they have a solution an will send me a file to fix it. 

So maybe that will help you too.

• Marnhullman
    Marnhullman Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi rdolen

I would be interested to get your feedback once you get Acer's file and if it works how I can get the file?

Thanks

• frosty
    frosty Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

I try to uninstall Acer quick access 8.1 vecause I want to install the latest version Quick Access_Acer_2.00.3008_W10x64_A. The W10 version will not install because the 8.1 has to be uninstalled.

When trying to uninstall Acer quick access 8.1 

A dialogue box pops up which says:
    "Service 'Radio Management Service' (RMSvc) could not be deleted. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to remove system services."
    Then a 'Retry' or 'Cancel' option.

Retry fails voer and over again.

In the log viewer (yes I have swedish language)

Produkt: Acer Quick Access -- Fel 1922. Det gick inte att ta bort tjänsten Tjänst för hantering av trådlösa anslutningar (RMSvc). Kontrollera att du har behörighet att ta bort systemtjänster.

Hope ACER can answer this and provide a solution.

• jstui
    jstui Member Posts: 2 New User

I finally managed to uninstall the old version in Windows 10, unfortunately it was a little while ago that I did it.

It seems that this is a Windows behaviour.  When the registry entries for the service has a Security subkey, it blocks the uninstall.  Once I manually removed that key, uninstall succeeded.

I found out what to do by googling "sc delete" "failed" (this is how to manually delete a service)

The solution is to delete the "Security" sub-key of the service.

• Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
    • Navigate to:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\[service name here]
      [service name here] is the KeyName of the service you having problem with (the same you use with sc delete command). It can be seen in services as the "Service Name" when viewing Acer Quick Access service properties.  It should be "RMSvc", but I can not verify this as I don't have it installed here.
    • Delete sub-key called "Security"
      A registry backup is recommended befory deleting any keys.  I usually just export the keys I am deleting so I can re-import later if it is an issue, however many recommend a fully backup or the manual creation of a restore point.
    • Restart computer

Once this is done, you should now be able to uninstall the old version.

Please note that I cannot guarantee that everything will work correctly due to the manually editting of the registry, however I have had no problems with this since.

• rdolen
    Thank you
  • frosty

Thanks jstui,

The servie is named RmSvc

I renamed the subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RmSvc\Security to SecurityX

Still the same problem for me unfrutnately.

Any good idea will be highly apreciated.

First it says the service can't be stopped and then after a long wait message that admin prvilige is needed to uninstall.

• sphuz
    sphuz Member Posts: 1 New User

Thank you. Removing the sub key worked. Also solved all of my wifi connection issues.

Don't forget you need to restart the computer before you can uninstall quick access.

• frosty

Did one more last try, renamed the folder 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RmSvc\Security to XSecurity

restarted

Finally uninstall now worked.

I have tried many times before without success.

I've also got problems with wifi disconnecting. Hope this will help.

• frosty

still problem with wifi that stops working from time to time

In networkconnection "nätverksanlutningar" deactivate and then activate seems to work for fixing the network.

"Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter"

The wifi problem seems to be windows10 issue as this started happening with one of the later updates. On win8.1 wifi problem never happened.

• Noonze
    Noonze Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank you very much! I had the same problem and this topic helped to resolve the issue <3