how to PM

palenpaul
palenpaul Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

why i cant PM people here in cummunity, does this requires posts to activate PM skills?

need to pm someone to fix my problem huhu

Comments

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi palenpaul,

Please first Sign Out of the communtiy and completely clear your browser cache. Then Sign In and check if you have the "Send ... private message" option when you click on another member's profile page. Feel free to test it by sending me a PM:

Acer Contact.png

If not, please let me know.

Thanks!

• CptBerns
    CptBerns Member Posts: 1 New User

Doesn't work. When I click your link, it says "Access denied. You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

EDIT: It works now. Perhaps I didn't have enough posts.

• timbiker
    timbiker Member Posts: 1 New User

PM also does not work for me, no clue how to solve it ...

• snico
    snico Member Posts: 1 New User

PM also does not work for me!!!

• the_beaver
    the_beaver Member Posts: 1 New User

"Access denied. You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

• JamesDW
    JamesDW Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey,

I also don't seem to manage to get the PM option.. I've tried several browsers but keep on getting "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." Could anyone help me out? Smiley Happy

EDIT : Never mind, you just need one post to do it. I can PM now.

• Tja65
    Tja65 Member Posts: 1 New User

I am facing the same problem. Maybe it can be solved once i received one mail but how can i receive one if I not can even send one?

TJA65

• Acer-Brad
    Acer-Brad Administrator Posts: 348 Community Administrator

Sorry I'm late to this discussion.  In order to gain the rights to use the PM function you must have at least 1 post on the Forums.  We had some situations where new members tried to solve their issues by sending me or the Community team a PM instead of posting to the Forums.  Therefore we set the rule in place that PM rights are added once you post to the Forums.  

• xssfinder
    xssfinder Member Posts: 1 New User

How to report you an xss vulnerability in acer.com domain?

• roadsterthomas
    roadsterthomas Member Posts: 1 New User

Trying to send a PM to have my Acer ID e-mail address changed... Obviously need one post before sending PM...

• Kathy-1
    Kathy-1 Member Posts: 167 Die Hard WiFi Icon

roadsterthomas wrote:

Trying to send a PM to have my Acer ID e-mail address changed... Obviously need one post before sending PM...

Hi roadsterthomas,

Now that you've posted you should be able to send a PM.  Just reach out to Acer-Karp with your issue.