Bios Flashing Gone Wrong

CramerZ_32
CramerZ_32 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Good day everyone!

I hope someone will help me out with my problem.

I have an acer aspire laptop (4752zg). I flashed a wrong version of bios from version 1.xx to 2.xx

now my laptop only turns on but no display. the fan and usb port seems working so i tried the crisis disk but it didn't work i think i'm missing something. can you please help me out of what exact files do i need to put in the flash drive to restore my default bios.

I also send my laptop to acer service  center but it cost a lot and they have to replace the main board so i decided to get it back and repair it myself. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Google service manual aspire 4752zg

The manualslib result will help you

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

If you haven't done so already, google "phoenix bios recovery" with the quotes. Follow the directions for creating a bootable minidos USB thumbdrive. Then in the DOS subdirectory of the Acer BIOS you want to try to load, look for bios number files that have the extensions ROM & WPH. Try the WPH, first. Copy it to the thumbdrive as BIOS.WPH, you may have to overwrite a file of the same name that was created when you made the thumbdrive bootable.

Power down the machine. Insert the bootable thumbdrive. Press & hold Fn+Esc. Then press the power button. Let go of the Fn+Esc keys only when you see USB LED activity. If no LED activity, then try the ROM file the same way.

If still no joy, it's likely that the boot section of your BIOS chip has been irreparably damaged in which case a replacement mainboard may be the only option remaining.

Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ