Aspire E5-575G - Windows 7 drivers?

Xantorion
Xantorion Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello to All.

I have an Acer E5-575G running Windows 10. I have disabled secure boot UEFI and using Legacy so I can support 2 partitons with 2 OS, Windows 10 and Windows 7. I was able to sucessfully install both.

My issues are about the fact that I can't seem to find the Windows 7 x64 drivers for this model. Can anyone assist me in locating said drivers, including the INTEL chipset? (USB not working) The NVIDA will probably be the easiest.

Best Answer

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

If system is kabylake CPU there are no real win 7 or 8 drivers for chipset and no windows update support. Windows 7 8 only cover to skylake cpu's. In addition manufactures of the newer systems do not officially support older operating systems just the win 10 they come with. Your kinda on your own doing this and with few real benefits I may add. Run win 10, took me a little while and some tweaking but it grows on you. Good luck, maybe someone else has ideas on it, I got very little and saw no reason to attempt it.

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

If system is kabylake CPU there are no real win 7 or 8 drivers for chipset and no windows update support. Windows 7 8 only cover to skylake cpu's. In addition manufactures of the newer systems do not officially support older operating systems just the win 10 they come with. Your kinda on your own doing this and with few real benefits I may add. Run win 10, took me a little while and some tweaking but it grows on you. Good luck, maybe someone else has ideas on it, I got very little and saw no reason to attempt it.

• Xantorion
    Xantorion Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the quick response.

It probably is a Kabylake. I was having trouble with the WinPE version of AOMEI until I upgraded the iso to the latest (4.0.2) and created a new recovery image. I guess I will have to use VHD for what ever doesn't work right under Win 10 Smiley Frustrated