Acer Switch Alpha 12 - power bank USB-C charging

jslewis
jslewis Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have a Anker PowerCore 10050.  The output specs are 5v2.4A, 9v/2A, 12V/1.5A.

Does anyone know if this will charge the Acer Alpha Switch 12 via USB-C port?  If i test it, can i damage the tablet?

Answers

• gregoryx
    gregoryx Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter

I've tried about ten power supplies so far without damaging the unit. YMMV, of course. 

I have a couple Anker power bricks (I think I have that exact one) and have not had any luck with it charging the Acer - though it charges my N6P just fine. Three of the USB-C power supplies I have found to work show up as 14.5V / 2A (one shows 19V / 1.5A). From what I can tell, the SA12 seems to want ~14.5V minimum to charge.

• jslewis

Tinkerer

Thanks. I had no luck with the cable I bought from Anker.  They are sending me another one thinking it's a quality issue.  They think the unit should power the tablet  as the power cord on the tablet is rated 19v/2.37A output.  But they've never tested it. 

• jslewis

Tinkerer

Thanks. I had no luck with the cable I bought from Anker.  They are sending me another one thinking it's a quality issue.  They think the unit should power the tablet  as the power cord on the tablet is rated 19v/2.37A output.  But they've never tested it.