my (acer nitro)vn7-591g-70rt wifi card broke and I need another one where can I find one?

erickjohnson
erickjohnson Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have a acer nitro v15 (n7-591g-70rt) wifi card was lose after trying to install a hard drive, and now no matter what windows wont pick it up. So I think I need a new one, the one I have now is qualcomm atheros model : qcnfa34ac

its smaller then the actual slot it goes into in the mother, I have seem bigger wifi cards that seem to take up the entire slot.

so maybe the one that shipped with my laptop isnt that great or top of the line? i dont know, but I would like to find a replacement part that will work with my laptop, can anyone recomment one?

Answers

• Hello,

Here are the original Wifi/BT cards:

Spoiler
    NC.23611.01ZWIFI.2x2.AC.W/BT.M.2.3RD (Foxconn QC NFA344)
    NC.23611.020WIFI.2x2.AC.W/BT.M.2.3RD (Lite on QC NFA344)
    France
  • erickjohnson

do you know why some are smaller then others?

• erickjohnson

can some tell me which drivers I need to use for my acer? it shows 5 different ones for atheros!

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5614?b=1

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

Which card did you buy?

France
  • erickjohnson

I bought 2 cards  1 is the Intel Dual Band 7265NGW Wireless LAN

the other one is just like my old one qualcomm atheros model : qcnfa34ac

the intel is a bigger wifi then mine but it fits. I heard from reviews that the intel card works with the nitro. But im more interested to see if my older model cards work, if none of them work, then something must have happen to the slot where it goes in

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer

Hello,

... the other one is just like my old one qualcomm atheros model : qcnfa34ac

Could you check the hardware Id like this: Link and copy and paste here the first value/line

France