Aspire E1-571 - Windows 10

medicnick83
medicnick83 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all,

Just wanted to share the following;

I installed Windows 10 (Pro, 64-bit) yesterday - all drivers seemed to install except the "Base System Device"

A fix for this was to goto Acer's Support page and download the Windows 8 64-bit "Card Reader Driver"

That sorted the issue out.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Answers

• rjmellor
    rjmellor Member Posts: 1 New User

How's that working for you now? I upgraded to W10 on my E1-571 but I couldn't get any network interfaces to work, and on investigation I found that the machine wasn't on Acer's list of supported W10 models, so I reverted back to W8.1 rather than waste any more time on it. I gather you didn't have any such problems?

• EIMU
    EIMU Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi !
    I upgradet my e1-571 to w10. but it had network proplems but so did my 8.1.. I notise some pover issues the laptop didint work as fast. so 3 days i try to work this but didint find enything so i convertet it back 8.1. what did the Base System Device fix ?? 

• markc
    markc Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

Which drivers did you use? According to the Acer Window 10 driver upgrades web page the E1-571 is not supported.

• charlietuna
    charlietuna Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an E1-571 which I upgraded from windows8 to windows10. The ethernet port was no longer recognized. Cheap way out is to install a USB to ethernet adapter for a few dollars and voila.

• GettingIrritated
    GettingIrritated Member Posts: 1 New User
    And all the above discussion topics is why I chose the name Getting Irritated for this forum.......
  • NicJ
    NicJ Member Posts: 1 New User
    Have acer, or anyone else, released win 10 pro 64 bit network card drivers for E1-571 yet, or is still an issue.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @Nicl, you should start a new thread with questions, this one is from 2015! The network drivers are the same between Windows Home and Windows Pro.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.