Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

acer E14 E5-475G fan got consistent weird grinding noise

i bought this laptop at Jan 2017. I used after around one week and realised there is some grinding sound come out from the bottom left hand side. It really annoy me and I use it in a quiet environment, so I can hear the sound sharply, and the worst things is the grinding sound is consistently although I didn't run any programme. I send to "Acer AFTER SALE service center in Malaysia" for 3 times!!! First time they said is fan noisy, and replaced me a new fan, but the problem persist, and second time they said cannot diagnosed the problem from their diagnostic system, I went there and test in front of counter, and the receptionist open a new case ID for me and diagnose again; which is third time. Then the engineering team called me and said still can't diagnosed the problem that I descripted, and changed a new speaker for me ask to try test the problem, and if it still persist require me video it and make a further step. So what can I do? I really disappointed with Acer. I just want to solve this problem, and give me back a silent environment without grinding sound, it is harmful for my hearing!!!!   

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,719ACE Trailblazer

Hi,

If you have a spare HDD, just swap the current HDD with the spare one and install a trial version OS or just clone your current OS for testing purpose, I used to get the kind of sound you describe in my E1-571 when it had HDD but since I switched to SSD the grinding noise disappeared.

• BrandonLIMBrandonLIM Posts: 3Member

Hi, thanks for reply. This model got 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD. The placement of hard disk is bottom right hand side, which opposite where the stupid sound come out place. I got ask acer service center, and they said impossible is HDD because different place. Between, may i know what is OS? where can i get it? I quite noob in IT, basic is okay for me but not too technical >..< 

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,719ACE Trailblazer

Hi,

OS is the short form for Operating System(Win 10, 8.1 etc). Yes, I was only mentioning my situation and your noise cause could be something else.