Laptop becomes unresponsive in sleep, hibernate or shut down - Acer Aspire E15, ES-574-597Q

astrophilexx
astrophilexx Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I've been having this problem with my laptop (windows 10) for quite a while now; everytime I leave the laptop on without using it for a certain amount of minutes, it becomes completely unresponsive. The screen turns off, but the laptop itself is still on, I can hear it running and the light stays on. The only way to use it again is if I force shut down and then turn it back on again. Especially if I put it in sleep mode or hibernate mode, this is always the problem. 

This also happens when I shut off the laptop (as in go to Start > Shut down) - the screen turns off but it's still running and the battery gets drained if I leave it like that. 

The power button doesn't do anything either, except when forcing it to shut down.

I know there's a way to manage the battery plan (where i can choose when to turn off the display and when it goes to sleep), and I've tried setting that up but it doesn't work, the same problem occurs.

I'm sure forcing it to shut down every time can't be a good thing for the battery, so I would really appreciate it if someone could help with this.

Answers