Problems with sound

smcgli03
smcgli03 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I recently bought a used Acer Aspire TC-605. I'm having problems with sound and I'm hoping someone can help. I set up the computer yesterday and the internal speakers were working fine, but today there is no sound from the speakers. There is sound when I plug in headphones but not when I try to use the internal speakers. 

Here is the troubleshooting I have done: I have made sure the internal speakers are enabled (C-Media USB headphone set). I have gone into device manager to make sure they are working properly. I have updated the driver and also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver to see if that made it work. Nothing I have tried will give me sound. The computer thinks the speakers are working fine but there is no sound. 

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

1.  Make sure headphones are unplugged

2.  Connect speakers to middle output (the green one).

tc605input.jpg

3.  Try the troubleshooter (right click on the little speaker icon)

tc605trousho.PNG

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • smcgli03

I should clarify that I am trying to use the internal speakers that are in the computer, not speakers that are being plugged in. I have tried to troubleshoot sound problems more than once but it doesn't help.

• JordanB

I have setup 4 TC-605's and none of them have internal speakers.  Maybe you could post a picture/photo of the internal speakers on your TC-605.  Or post a photo of your computer. 

• smcgli03

That's weird because I was using it with speakers plugged in and then I unplugged them and still had sound for a couple hours. Then when I turned the computer on the next day no sound. 

• smcgli03

But I can still use the computer with external speakers so maybe I should just do that lol

• JordanB

Ok sounds good.  I thought maybe you were confused about your model.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the TC-605:

https://www.cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-tc-605-ur13-core-i5-4440-3-1-ghz-10-gb-1-tb/specs/

This is the Z3-605 all-in-one:

https://www.cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-z3-605-ur22-core-i3-3227u-1-9-ghz-4-gb-1-tb-led-23/specs/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, not sure if your monitor has builtin speakers.

Oh well, I guess the main thing is you have sound now.