Laptop not charging and turning on. Aspire V3-472PG-761R

japhet2
japhet2 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello Guys, I currently need your help.
Just a few hours ago while I was just reading up some emails, my laptop suddenly shut-off. (Charger was plugged) Now that the laptop went off the charging LED isn't on too(plugged) the charger is fine. i tried my workmates charger still no luck. i tried my charger on my workmates laptop, it works fine(still an acer laptop with thesame charging head).. Googled some fixes. Tried the remove battery and ac. hold power button 30s and put everything back.. even tried holding the power button as far as 5mins no luck. left the laptop off with everything disconnected including the battery for an HOUR already still nothing. My laptop has no physical damage. I play games but only sometimes. I use it mostly for work or browsing. it didn't go hot nor did i smell something burning.. The laptop is 1yr and 2mos old. Is there any other solutions for this? before I send it to a shop.. might save some buck.. I need to submit an unfinished report tomorrow. Sorry for bad english..

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

The following troubleshooting steps may address issues that can cause your Acer device to not power on. If the issues are still present after troubleshooting, you may have a hardware failure that requires repair.

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36092/~/troubleshooting-notebook-power-issues#_ga=1.244596614.263337500.1415824428

We understand you tried to power reset already and had no success.

After trying the extra tips on this link, if the issue persist, please contact Acer Support in your region.

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • japhet2
    japhet2 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello Karp, Thanks for the reply and sorry for the very late reply I actually encountered another wierd problem.. well now to be more exact on the details. Took the laptop to the local acer service center and found out that there were some capacitors that exploded according to the technician there.Repairs were done. Now when I got home. I tried to charge it with its original charger it came with when i bought it, Just to find out It doesnt charge anymore!. But the laptop is fine now. it works perfectly fine and turns on already, the wierd part is. I took it back to the shop. they told me to bring my charger. complained a bit. then when they checked my charger it was fine! it charged another acer laptop.. and when they charged my laptop with their own charger. my laptop charged! they told me to buy an older charger but i would be spending again. I really dont understand what happened. so would I just scrap my original charger for a new one? or could I still save this? was it the parts they changed made it incompatible? 

*Edit- They also showed me that their charger also charged their own laptop not only mine."just to let me see mine has the defect(which originally is not)" Only mine wont on my laptop but does on other acer laptops, just to be clear. and checked theirs, Output said 19v and mine also is 19v