I have an Acer C710; the top cover is broken near the right hand hinge; how can I fix the top?

infomaster
infomaster Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

The computer works, but I would like to glue, or somehow fix the top so it no longer bends.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Acer suggests service for this type of issue and would not recommend using glue on the chassis. To inquire about repair please contact Acer support from the info posted here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• infomaster

Service would have been nice.  Since the computer is working fine, I used the Plastic Welder Kit I obtained from Harbor Freight Tools.  I now have a cover with some stainless steel screen melted into the top of the case, with some additional black plastic/rubber melted on top of the screen.  The cover is now strong, and I am able to use the computer.

Since I also have decades of experience building, rebuilding and repairing computers, I could have replaced the broken cover, if ACER were willing to provide the parts.  I was able to find a video someone created showing how to dis & reassemble.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Uh, you didn't ask for a replacement cover. Acer does sell individual parts for the C710, my reference says the part number is: LCD COVER - 60.SH7N2.003. This is the cover that forms the back of the display, I believe that was what you needed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • infomaster

billsey,  thanks for your reply.  I should have been more specific.  While my plastic welding allows me to use the computer, it is nice to know that parts are available.  During my initial search, I did not find that information.  There are actually a couple of other things that could be replaced.  I am grateful to know where to look for parts.  Thank you