Monitor G247HYU

maconsi
maconsi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi everybody! I searched a similar topic, butthere's nothing... i've just bought a brand new Monitor, model G247HYU. I tried to connect it to my Surface Pro 3 via HDMI. For the Surface, i had to use an adapter. The problem is: when i power on the monitor, it says "no signal"... i tried two different cables, with the same result... what have i to do?

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Some devices do not do well with some adapters and cables. You might try a different adapter and/or cable as this usually will resolve the issue. You might also test the monitor on a PC just to make sure it is functioning as well. If you are unable to use the monitor on any device please contact the Acer support for your region from this link:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

• maconsi
    maconsi Member Posts: 2 New User

So, I thought it was the adapter, so i boutght a 4k one. It has not gone well. So i bought a hdmi 4k cable, because maybe the cables i was using we not 4k. It has not gone well either. So, what do I do? When I open the advance settings for the acer monitor, always I can choose only between full hd or less...

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Try the monitor on a Windows pc that has HDMI and see if it will work. This is the best way to troubleshoot the issue without the use of adapters. If it works on a computer using a direct connection then you know the monitor is working as it should.

Perhaps other posters here on the Community have suggestions for you to try?