Aspire VN7-791G Dolby Home Theatre

Puddings_pies
Puddings_pies Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives

My Dolby Home Theatre doesn't stay active in the Notification Area (Bottom right - next to clock) when starting/restarting my Aspire VN7-791G. So I am unable to toggle settings.

If I go into "Programs and Features" and "Repair" the installation the Dolby icon reappears in the Notification Area and works as expected.

I've tried:

installing Windows 8.1 Realtek driver no change.

Installing the very latest driver direct from Realtek, no change.

I've also tried installing the Toshiba version of Dolby, which doesn't function (as suggested by user Scrambler).

I've also tried reinstalling with Cortana deactived via the registry, still no change.

When I use the driver package from Acer it installs the driver but none of the Dolby software. But I can navigate into the driver folder "Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7553_W10x64\DS1\x64" and install "DolbyDigitalPlusHT".

I've read the forum

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Dolby-Home-Theater-Dolby-Digital-Plus-not-working/td-p/372803/page/5

Is there anything I am missing? I'm using Windows 10 Home.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Can you try to uninstall it and then re-install the audio drivers?

not sure if it will works but it's worth a try.

apart this, i don't have other suggestions, since you did pretty much all the troubleshoot.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

any third party antivirus installed?

i remember AVG having some issues with Realtek/Dolby drivers.

• Puddings_pies

Tinkerer

I have AVAST installed

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

Can you try to uninstall it and then re-install the audio drivers?

not sure if it will works but it's worth a try.

apart this, i don't have other suggestions, since you did pretty much all the troubleshoot.

• Puddings_pies

Tinkerer

I uninstalled the installed driver.

Deactiveated Avast.

I used compatibility mode and run the driver installer "Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7260_W81x64" for Windows 8.

Lastly I used "Run as Administrator".

One of the above helped to get the Home Theatre installed and stay installed.

Thanks for the help regarding the Antivirus, it could've been that.

• IronFly

You welcome. Smiley Happy

• Renspb
    Renspb Member Posts: 1 New User
    Лужи-то как говорят: Мой домашний кинотеатр Dolby не остается активным в области уведомлений (внизу справа - рядом с часами) при запуске/перезапуске моего Aspire VN7-791 г. Поэтому я не могу переключать настройки.  Если я перейду в раздел "программы и компоненты" и "восстановить" установку, значок Dolby снова появится в области уведомлений и будет работать должным образом. Я пытался ... : установка драйвера Windows 8.1 Realtek без изменений.Установка самого последнего драйвера непосредственно из Realtek, без изменений.Я также попытался установить версию Toshiba Dolby, которая не работает (как предложено пользователем Scrambler).Я также попытался переустановить Кортану, деактивированную через реестр, по-прежнему без изменений. Когда я использую пакет драйверов от Acer, он устанавливает драйвер, но не программное обеспечение Dolby. Но я могу перейти в папку драйверов "Audio_Realtek_6.0.1.7553_W10x64\DS1\x64" и установить "DolbyDigitalPlusHT". Я уже читал форум http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Dolby-Home-Theater-Dolby-Digital-Plus-not-working/td-p/372803/page/5 Может быть, я чего-то не понимаю? Я использую Windows 10 Home.
    Добрый день, Acer!
    Не работает Dolby Home Theater v4 на 
    Aspire VN7-791G? подскажите пожалуйста что делать мне ? Установил уже раза 3 драйвера!!!!