acer aspire v nitro VN7-792G microphone bad sound

valerianz
valerianz Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, I am experiencing problems with microphone. When I try to use my Voice Recorder I can hear that my voice is distorted. The same with skype people hear me distorted, can you please advice what do I need to check to troubleshoot this problem?

Windows 10 Home 64x, microphone driver detailes:

Microphone Driver Details.jpg

Microphone Driver Details2.jpg

Answers

• valerianz

A problem is that Acer's drivers not working with my microphone (even when I disable Intel driver), and it uses Intel Smart Sound Technology driver which doesn't work properly. Maybe I should do some extra action?

I tried to reinstall drivers from location that you suggested, but nothing changed, there is a screenshot

Microphone Settings.jpg

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Could you be able to switch to Realtek High Definition Microphone from Intel's Microphone, worth a try. I have also noticed that it's disabled, what happens when you click Properties and enable it?

• valerianz

Hi, it is written that it is not plugged in, not that it is disabled. Intel driver is disabled, but even if I enable it, it works badly, my voice is distrorted.

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Go to Device manager, expand Audio Inputs and outputs, check whether the driver is installed, even if it's installed, uninstall it reboot, try installing again.

Have you opened the laptop for any upgrade? If you have, there may be a loose connection of cables.

• valerianz

Hi, I already tried to re-install and check for updates too, it doesn't help.

Although I did replace my screen recently and they could damage my microphone Smiley Sad

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Yes, you need to check that there are no loose connection and the the cables are inserted securely, mainly speaker and camera cables.

• jvlya
    jvlya Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey I have the exact same problem as you, it all happens after I reinstalled my audio driver and nothing helped till now Smiley Sad  and I think my internal microphone isn't broken because I have the same problem with my headset. Are there any other tipps?

• Tia
    Tia Member Posts: 4 New User

Any news? I have the same issue and I am sure that the problem is due to the fact that the internal microphone uses Intel instead of Realtek. Anyone knows how to fix?

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Go to Sounds, Recording, highlight Microphone and select Properties, go to Enhancements tab, check "Disable all sound effects" and see whether it fixes the problem.

Capture.JPG

• valerianz

Hi, thanks for suggestion. Just tried it, and it didn't help in my case...

• Snoob
    Snoob Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi have the same problem, it came back with creator's update. In the past I solved it with a bit of luck, installing multiple times latest drivers and these one: Audio_Realtek_8.20.0.776_W10x64

Try to install with wifi turned off, maybe it can help.

Now i fixed it, but got a bsod, and then the problem came back, and no dmp file for debugging, it sucks. Going back to work

• Jasmin
    Jasmin Member Posts: 1 New User

I have also the same problem with my VN7-572G-52AV  
    It all started after I reinstalled Windows 10 using Windows update tool. I tried to fix it with reinstalling once again using tool provided in Acer Care center but with no success. Reinstalling drivers I tried few times already also without success Smiley Sad Someone found solution already? 

• Whalefog
    Whalefog Member Posts: 3 New User
    Any solution? I have a similar issue on my vn-572TG-775T