aspire E 15 defective. Replacement defective also!

gma
gma Member Posts: 4 New User

After researching what would be the best laptop for me that I could afford, I bought an Aspire E 15. The computer had factory defects that required me to send it back for a replacement. Now, I have to send THAT computer in to be repaired/replaced. This makes 2 of 2 defective! Where is Acer's quality control? Not only am I needing to send the computer back (the second time to do this) and wait up to an estimated 10 business days for it to be returned, I spent a number of hours determining there WAS a factory defect that couldn't be fixed from home. This is not to mention the frustration of having my computer shut down while I was in the middle of something and losing my work and then waiting for it to very slowly reboot. Acer, did you just make a deal to build these computers really cheap or did you design them this way?

Answers

• gma

Ahhh! It just shut down as I was trying to print a return shipping label! I think something is loose inside. Quality?

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,335 Community Administrator

Hello @gma,

We're sorry for the inconvenience; this is not the experience we want our customers to have with their products.  Please PM me the Case ID and I'll look into this to see how we can assist you.

• gma

Acer-Jose:

Have you found out anything related to my computer? I've heard nothing except that my computer was received.

• gma

Acer- Jose

Sorry to needing to contact you again with continued poor performance from acer. I spoke with the person you gave my case to and he finally sent me an overnight shipping label to return my laptop for the second time. I received notice that my computer had been received on February 8, 2017. It is now February 20th, 2017 and that is all the informationI've been able to get. It has been received. I will add that I included a note voicing my frustration with both the quality of the product and the careless manner in which the service staff treated my problem. (all they did was reload the OS. They didn't address the issues I was having.) The new service number is: 4******U.

Mariam

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,335 Community Administrator

Hello @gma,

I'm very sorry for the delays.  I have taken the Case ID and I'll look into this for you.

• dougc
    dougc Member Posts: 82 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Did owner/OP  finally get a fixed or new unit ?

nite

• Mornick
    Mornick Member Posts: 1 New User
    i bought an acer aspire 3 A315-53-389V last December 2019, i use it for 2 months for school. after 3 months of using it. the device cannot be open using power button but working using any keys, and when you stop pressing any button, the machine shutdown. it is still under warranty so i was planning to send it back to the store and ask if i can change the product into other machine, could it be possible? i'm very dissapointed about how acer build such a machine like this.  
  • credorachelleanne26
    credorachelleanne26 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi need assistance with my device I just bought this yesterday and it seems there are times that it is not respinding even to window start up is not responding.