V3-572G Laptop Screen Upgrade 1366x768 to 1920x1080 IPS *Successfully Done*

Naabski
Naabski Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

Good day, I have been a fan of Acer for quite some time. About two years ago I snagged an online deal for an Acer Aspire V3-572G-54S6 which I was using for travel and school. The laptop came with a not so great 1366x768 generic laptop screen. Eventually, I started using this laptop more and more for work purposes and it became a hindrance not having a 1080p screen. I decided I needed to find a way to upgrade the screen. This specific model does not sell with higher resolution screens, and there isn't really any documentation at all in regards to upgrading your screen from HD to FHD for the V3-572G series.

After almost a month of research and waiting for parts, I am pleased to report that I have succesfully upgraded the generic 1366x728 screen to a 1920x1080 IPS screen and is now functioning perfectly with this acer model. I am writing this so that others who come after me, will be able to look this up and know that they can too upgrade their screens.

First, it is important to distinguish the different models that are similar to this one to better understand what we are dealing with. One of the most popular guides that is easily searchable through any search engine is the V3-571G screen upgrade post. This is unfortunately not going to give you the correct information as these two model laptops are different in specs and use different EDP video cable wiring (I learned this from trying it myself, don't do it). I did find that there are V3-572G laptop models that do sell with 1080p screens, and also the E5-571G is literally the same exact computer that too comes with 1080p screens and a couple of very informative posts in regards to screen upgrades.

Never having attempted anything like this before, I asked some laptop experts I knew and they all told me that I will need a new EDP video cable that can support Full HD resolution. This is not true! The ACER V3-572G series uses the 50.MNSN2.002 cable which supports both HD and FHD. You will not have to change your EDP cable at all!

I found this imformation through the Acer Community, as there are two searchable posts in regards to upgrading screens on the E5-571G models, which also provide a screen selection guide (I wish I seen this before I ordered my screen). I went with a standard Matte 1080P IPS screen that I found compatible with the E5-571G models.

After replacing the screen and connecting it, there is however an issue that prevents you from using FHD. The monitor actually displays the screen in the upper left corner using the old 1366x768 resolution. The remainder of the monitor remains largely black with no way to select a higher resolution or to fill the screen fully. To fix this... you will need to open device manager and uninstall your generic pnp monitor from the monitor section. Afterwards, restart your computer and it should automically calibrate itself into a 1920x1080 resolution.

Hope this helps someone, as I would have greatly appreciated something like this before I began this project. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

I think you are talking about Aspire V3-572G and there is an original FHD screen:

KL.1560D.011LCD PANEL.15.6'W.FHD.NON.GL.EDP (Matte)

and the eDP cable is the only one:

50.MNSN2.002CABLE.EDP.FOR.DIS
    France
  • Naabski

I must have had too much coffee today! Thank you for the correction. I have updated the model numbers in my post to show the correct models.

Yes, I later found that there are some V3-572G models that come with the 1080p screen, this was a very interesting experience. I also originally followed the V3-571G guide and purchased a new fhd cable that didn't work with my motherboard, how silly I was.

• laurent_14

Thank you for your feedback. It would be interesting to indicate the brand and the part number of the IPS panel. The one that I stated is a TN panel (12 compatible models).

France
  • Naabski

The screen I purchased and installed is an Innolux N156HCE-EAA REV C1. I believe there were some additional numbers on the back panel of the screen and I probably should have taken a picture before placing the bezel back on the laptop.

Here is a datasheet for the screen I have purchased:

http://www.panelook.com/N156HCE-EAA_Innolux_15.6_LCM_parameter_28558.html

Not sure how good the specs compare to other screens, but the screen quality looks almost identical compared to my external curved 27" Samsung LCD display (Model: S27D590CS). Both screens are calibrated to the best that my eyes can see.

• laurent_14

Thank you for sharing all these informations and good luck!

France
  • yanowzzz
    yanowzzz Member Posts: 1 New User
    good day. did you purhased the laptop screen online?
    if so, can you pease share the link. please respond.