Acer AT3-710-ES61 - Does the desktop have Wireless Charging function?

llddmmtt
llddmmtt Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Does Acer desktop - Acer AT3-710-ES61 - have Wireless Charging function?

In the offical Acer website - https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/model/DT.B1HAA.010 - it says:

"Model Name: AT3-710-ES61

Part Number: DT.B1HAA.010

The Aspire T3 offers the powerful performance that desktops are known for, and the option of adding a serious graphics card to the mix. Also, if you have a device that supports wireless charging, you can just place it on top and the Aspire T3 will charge it for you"

However, I just tried to put my Samsung S6 Edge Plus on top of the PC, it doesn't work... now i am calling the helpdesk 1-866-661-7100, the tech support is under investigation. Meanwhile, anyone knows if the AT3 model indeed has the function built in?? Or if I must to set up either the PC and/or the Samsung S6 Edge +??

Answers

• llddmmtt

Ok, Acer Tech support confirms it has the Wireless Charging function, and suggest me to call Samsung to see if anything to do with Samsung's smartphone? Anyone has the same experience here??

• Adequate
    Adequate Member Posts: 2 New User

I have also tried with no luck - I am using the Samsung S7 Edge. Works perfectly fine with Samsungs Wireless charger & also Nokia Charging plate but NOT on top of T3 Smiley Frustrated - I Have tried searching through bios of T3 & also tried surfing the web just incase it requires a drive to be installed but nothing. Please pass on any info if any success.

• llddmmtt
    Actually I called Acer Tech support and they confirmed the one I received DOES NOT have the function!! The Ads on the official website seems is WRONG!! So I have no choice but to buy a Samsung official Wireless charger!!
  • llddmmtt
    :-(
  • Adequate
    Adequate Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the info llddmmtt. I guess I`m in the same boat. Never mind I got 2 external wireless chargers. lol

If Acer are aware of this should they not update there site as this falls under false advertising. Just emaging if I went out & bought this desktop just for the extra fact it also had a charging plate.  I would demand my money back. Luckily I bought mine in pristine condition for £200 from another source.

[word filter avoidance]