Aspire VN7-792G strange sound

Otoshigami
Otoshigami Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Okay, I couldn't find anyone with this problem, so I'm creating a new post. One month ago I've bought VN7-792G and I'm satisfied with it. But there is one strange problem - during certain events (receiving notification via Facebook/Steam, when launching a sound file or jumping through a YouTube video) I can hear a silent "tick" sound from lower left corner of my laptop. I've tried updating BIOS and sound drivers, but this problem persists.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

It could be a hardawre problem, may be a loose connection or faulty speaker, I would suggest you to get in touch with Acer Support in your region and get it done under warranty.

https://www.acer.com/ac/pl/PL/content/supporthttps://www.acer.com/ac/pl/PL/content/support

• TokenCDN
    TokenCDN Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter

My VN7-592G does the same thing. Makes a click type noise whenever Windows plays an event sound. I thought it might be a problem with the speakers, but it also occurs with headphones, so I'm pretty sure its a Windows/driver issue - also googled some other sites where people claim the same thing.

I'd say as long as the sound continues with another output - ie. headphones - then you should be able to rule out hardware as the cause

• Otoshigami

Now that you told me about this I noticed that this happens also on headphones, but in a bit other way (for example, there is a click after each steam notification, not during). So it might really be a problem with drivers.

• TokenCDN
    TokenCDN Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter

Another thing I just though of, it could be related to sample rate. My DAP will occasionally make the same type of noise when it switches between tracks with a different sample/bit rate (16/44 to 24/96 for example). Possible changing the default sample rate in Windows might fix things, but I haven't tried it out yet 

• Otoshigami
    OK, during last month I've tried various things that could pinpoint the main issue here. I'll use my warranty as a last resort, because I still think this may be a SW issue. First of all, I've tried to uninstall Realtek driver and check if this problem still happens. It doesn't. I'd also want to add that this sound is still emitted even when headphones are used. I've also identifed another issue which may be connected to this - when waking up my laptop from hibernation there is no sound. Solution for this is turning off speakers and turning them on again (in playback menu). I've also recorded this sound (those quiet ticks, they happen when I'm skipping through you-tube video) - http://www.mediafire.com/file/uuqyw586d2hj1a9/Nagranie_audio_2017-01-18_18-19-05.wav . Ignore the loud noise in fifth second, it's not related. I'd also want to add that I've ordered my laptop without OS, although sound driver is straight from Acer's website.