touch screen

saisitn
saisitn Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

after windows 10 aniversity update on my acer aspire switch 10, my touch screen is no long working.  Please help.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Have you tried running Windows Updates after the Anniversary update? Sometimes this can take care of issues that may  happen after that Anniversary update.

• kirankp25
    kirankp25 Member Posts: 49 Troubleshooter

Hi,

Go to Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices and check if HID Compliant Touchscreen is enabled or not.

• rzee
    rzee Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

I have the same issue with my touch screen. I tried to find a driver for the HID Compliant Touchscreen but it is not in my device manager. It is also missing in Acer/support/drivers. Anyone know where to download it. My notebook is the V3-575T, but I am sure that it would be the same for any aspire 15.6" screen

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

The touchscreen driver is native to Windows 10 so there is no separate driver to download. Unfortunately Acer has no control over Windows updates and with Windows 10 there is no option to bypass Windows updates at all. If this happened after an update you can try uninstalling the updates by going to 

Start > Settings > Update & security > Advanced options > View your update history > Uninstall updates

The latest dated update would be what you need. Here is a link that may have some helpful info as well:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3066844/windows/20-fixes-for-a-windows-10-update-meltdown.html